want to sound deaden my car

Participant count
  • Participant list

dezahp

bay area
I'm in the process of installing a sound system in my 2005 CR-V. I was told about sound deadening so I have been trying to do a bit more reading and research on it. I always had the idea and notion that everything would sound good as long as I got decent equipment like amps, speakers, and subs. But then I read from other people that sound deadening is one of the most important things and can really make your system sound a lot better and even make crappy speakers sound better too. So, I guess that I need to sound deaden my car as well now and might as well be doing it the same time while I'm installing my sound system.

I'm on a tight budget and really don't want to be spending much more for my car. So, I'm trying not to spend like $200 or more for sound deadening. A lot of people recommend doing 3 layers but I don't really have the funds for that. Does just doing one layer still make a lot of difference still? I will be using Noico 80 mil. Or is it waste if you don't do multiple layers? (CLD, MLV, CCF) Also, does it still help a significant amount to add double layers if I have extra material of the Noico 80 mil I'm using? I'm thinking of doing doors, trunk and floor. Is there anything else that I should be doing? And if I do add extra layers, which areas should I prioritize and are more important?

https://www.amazon.com/Noico-deadening-automotive-Insulation-dampening/dp/B00URUIKAK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

3 layers? Imo, that's overdoing it compared to single layer. the new cars have some better sound dampening material in them so adding more(single layer) should be good enough. You not competing for Sound-offs so you should be good. Who has been saying those things?

Also....crappy speakers sound better when sound deadener is added to make sound better isn't true. A crappy speaker is still gonna sound crappy. Much more has to be involved with that such as tuning it to make it sound good.

Ok cool, thanks! I found that when I read through a lot of forum posts, everyone always talked about adding multiple layers. So, I should be good with one layer of the Noico 80 mil right?

I didn't know and didn't think roofs needed any sound deadening or not really. Is it recommended that I do? I don't want to do it and avoid pulling the roof carpet if it provides only minimal gains. Also, wouldn't the heat from the summer months heat up the mat on the roof and cause it to maybe start coming off/come down and maybe smell also since it's on the roof? That's if the mats are even able to stay on the roof because they are pretty heavy.

edit: Another thing is my doors have plastic guards which is I'm guessing is to protect against rain? Do I need to worry about this or do I just remove it and throw it away?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok cool, thanks! I found that when I read through a lot of forum posts, everyone always talked about adding multiple layers. So, I should be good with one layer of the Noico 80 mil right?
I didn't know and didn't think roofs needed any sound deadening or not really. Is it recommended that I do? I don't want to do it and avoid pulling the roof carpet if it provides only minimal gains. Also, wouldn't the heat from the summer months heat up the mat on the roof and cause it to maybe start coming off/come down and maybe smell also since it's on the roof? That's if the mats are even able to stay on the roof because they are pretty heavy.

edit: Another thing is my doors have plastic guards which is I'm guessing is to protect against rain? Do I need to worry about this or do I just remove it and throw it away?
If you want to do single layer,stay clear away from noico.cheap weak sh*t, borderline peel and seal.

singer roadkill is the best budget imo, 99 bucks for 36sqf, wife has a 2011 crv, only did the interior and exterior of the door panels and the wheel well in the back with great results.

If you want to do single layer,stay clear away from noico.cheap weak sh*t, borderline peel and seal.
calm down ive been happy with it for a long time, i just had to use more of it. its still a whole different level than peel and seal but on a different level than anything with legitimate foil thickness

stinger roadkill is probably still the best value

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.