wanna see guts of apsm-1500

guys class D amps arent clean like class a/b so ya cant argue distortion.

cant say my 6000rms is cleaner than urs esp these days when ur playing compressed music.

i did a test in a car and let a few people hear it. 3k of class a/b and well over 4k of class D switched amps. everyone thought the class a/b was louder when it was actually the class d metered almost 2dbs louder. a/b has more impact and control of ur subs and cleaner. point is class d power diff is only on reliability and thats it...

guys class D amps arent clean like class a/b so ya cant argue distortion.
cant say my 6000rms is cleaner than urs esp these days when ur playing compressed music.

i did a test in a car and let a few people hear it. 3k of class a/b and well over 4k of class D switched amps. everyone thought the class a/b was louder when it was actually the class d metered almost 2dbs louder. a/b has more impact and control of ur subs and cleaner. point is class d power diff is only on reliability and thats it...
My guess is 90%+ of people who argue "distortion" wouldnt be able to tell the difference between an AP 1500 watt amp and a beloved Sundown 1500 watt amp in a blind test. Im almost certain I wouldnt be able to tell the difference. (not that I'm an expert or anything)

^ i will put $ down they wouldnt be able to tell eather. the meter would tell cause the sd is underated and you will gain .1-.2dbs. there would be no sound difference....

My guess is 90%+ of people who argue "distortion" wouldnt be able to tell the difference between an AP 1500 watt amp and a beloved Sundown 1500 watt amp in a blind test. Im almost certain I wouldnt be able to tell the difference. (not that I'm an expert or anything)
most people could run an amp with 3% thd couldnt tell the difference, the word distortion gets thrown around ALOT.

The only way youre going to notice distortion is on low power with a sealed /tline / horn enclosure and a good ear with clean music. If you are wangin 1500 rms to a sub and want to argue distortion, youll need to fill your doors and every other flimsy part of the car with concrete and seal off your box much the same. There is a bit more headroom with some of the bigger named amps, but I havent seen any issues with these AP amps. They are cheap and do rated. Never had any issues with them, but if I were to buy a budget amp it would still be MB Quart just because I have abused and seen them abused to no end without failure.

Only difference you might hear between the APSM and a nicer amp like a sundown is that the sundown will most likely have more authority on the low end. Cheaper amps don't generally do well on the low lows (25hz and down)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.