Walling off my car, part 2 (the pics thus far)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like it would be pretty top heavy. I like what you did.

How is it secured to the back?

I like how it is more of a large box, but it seems like you have alot of dead space between the back of the wall and the seatback.

I might do something like this.

Also, how do you secure the top?

It looks like it would be a better deal to make the inside piece .75 shorter so it can glue on two sides and might a little more secure.

I like how it is more of a large box, but it seems like you have alot of dead space between the back of the wall and the seatback.

QUOTE]

x2. Or is that all the space you couldve fit? And how many sq.in. is the port area?

There is a lot of space we could've used, but it wasn't necessary to utilize all of it to be honest. My original plans incorporated 1 more cubic foot, but 7.5 per BTL instead of 8 isn't going to make much of a difference.

I think it's ~250 in^2 of port, but I don't have the exact specifications, Ruckus does.

Thanks for all the compliments, I'm absolutely thrilled that everything is coming along as planned. The amps (and hopefully the second BTL) will be here by the end of next week... you might see some videos in a week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The top is secured by Liquid nails, as is everything else (we used a ton of it!) and 45 degree angles are helping with supporting the top.

Shawn, yep... I'll see you soon buddy, thanks for putting up with my questions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif nG: yeah, Ruckus pretty much only uses Rigid machines... as he said "just as good as DEWALT at half the price"

Special thanks goes to Robin who inspired me with his AWESOME wall, Tom for putting up with me and doing mostly EVERYTHING related to turning my car into an SPL vehicle, Mario (Ruckus) who spent a weekend doing a TON of work and inspiring me [and for letting me be a part of his team], Jacob at Sundown for showing his support and making SEXY products, Bill at KnuKonceptz for the awesome supplies and the encouragement, Shawn Fleming for telling me to go with Bass Race only and convincing me, Scott @ Fi for the AWESOME subs and for taking the time out to make sure this goes right.

I'm a happy guy right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hell yea, that shit looks amazing. Definetly going to need more pictures soon.
Is that 200amp alt going to be enough? What batteries did you decide to go with?
Thanks, yeah pictures will soon come. I hope to have a picture of the wall functionally complete on Saturday night.

I'm looking into getting a 300A or possibly a dual-alternator setup, but I'm going to go with a few Kinetik 2400s probably.

kicker 2400s???? you mean kinetiks? lol
Fixed, sorry... don't know where my head is at today LOL

What does the fiberglass inside the box help with?
Emptying my wallet faster by using all that resin...

No but it makes it more dense, and a little bit stronger I'd imagine... Ruckus is a fiberglass guru, he has better reasoning behind it than I.

Cool, What is your goal db wise to hit in Bassracing? I always wanted to do a wall, but its the fact that I cant see out the back window that bothers me:crap: Anyway cant wait to see how its comes out and how it sounds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...