walled of Mazda 3 sedan. 3 18s

nash2750

So I am walling off 3 subs into my 2008 mazda 3i sedan.

My car consist of

Xs3400 front

200 amp ohio generators

0 gauge everywhere

xs 926925 back

crescendo 5500

sq 200.2

4 sets of nvx comps

3 18 inch sq hdc3

The box is about 20 cubes. I need to use aero ports due to a lack of space. I have no idea what size aero or length tl use. Aero ports are confusing the balls out of me for some reason. Can any one help me out? I want to tune low And move air. Like 28-30hz

I've been debating walling my 2004 Mazda 3 sedan myself. Currently running a 7 cube net trunk box with two 6" aeroports. Very interested in how this turns out.

How big will your front baffle space be? Is it 20 cubes internal after bracing and multi layer baffle displacement? Very important for calculating tuning.

Turns out to be 19.3 Cubes after bracing and woofer displacement. The front wall is 43.5 x 32. I actually might end up doing 2 18s. The front wall is gunna be double baffLed so I'm going to make a new cut out with 2 18s. Probaly going to go with 2 12" aeros as welwell. Not quite sure yet

You will have to raise your tuning if you plan to use a pair of 12" ports. To tune to 30hz, they would have to be 40" long which I can't imagine fitting. And they'd eat up 5.5 cubes. Leaving you with only 13.8 cubes net, with over 16" of port per cube. Way too much for aeroports. 9-12" per cube is more sensible. I'd do a pair of 10" flared/aero ports.

You would likely be louder with four 15s then a pair of 18s.

I'd use all three subs two up high in the counters one down bottom in middle put the port at the top in the middle as wide as you can and make it 120-140 sq in tune to 30 should get you solid output down to 22-24hz. Using a rectangle port using the top wall as a side will also strengthen the front baffle

Someone please tell me why nobody pays attention to the manufacturer recommended box size and tuning for these?
Because in the car audio world everything changes once u put it in different cars. Cars have different cabins. What works in one might not work in others... Trial and error.. And when u put multi subs in a common chamber box "sharing same air space" u don't need as big

Because in the car audio world everything changes once u put it in different cars. Cars have different cabins. What works in one might not work in others... Trial and error.. And when u put multi subs in a common chamber box "sharing same air space" u don't need as big
I'll just wait here for you to refute Thiele and Smalls work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.