Wall-2 RE HC 15's

BooLeaN
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey, my wall is basically done. I just have to make a few cosmetic finishes but feel free to take a look. It is in my gallery. This was my first time making a speaker box and definately my first making a wall.

I have a box that after displacement gives each HC 5 cubic feet tuned to 36 hz. I only have one running right now, but man is it ever loud. The SQ is great and the SPL is awsome. I never knew 1 woofer could get that loud. My ears are all plugged up.

I am working on hooking up the 2nd woofer. I was going to hook them both up to my amp, giving them 450 RMS each. I did that, the SQ was pretty crappy. I guess there just wasn't enough power to fully control the woofer??

When I hooked up only 1 speaker, it got 1200 RMS. The SQ went through the roof, sounded amazing and the SPL was about 2-3 times louder. It just got crazy loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Overall I would have to give the HC's an A+. They sound awsome and get really f*ckin loud.

Im liking it alot, its giving me some good ideas for my own setup.

how hard was it building your first box?? I am thinking about building my first box for a 12" XXX.
Honestly its a box so if you take your time and have the right tools its real easy.

Thanks guys. I thought it turned out rather well considering I'm such a rookie. Glad you say it looks good to you too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Building the box itself was easy as pie. The front part was the hardest for me. Making it fit to my car. You can just get home depot to cut the wood for about 5 bucks. Then you just predrill holes, counter sink, screw and glue.

As for the box being exposed. I have a Chevy Tracker, and the back comes right off. I jsut had it off because it made it 100 times easier to build the box. I must have put the front plate in and out 45 times trying to make it just right, so it just made things easier.

I have the back on my tracker now so it is completely covered. I will be blacking out all of the windows as well so nobody can see in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I just have the one 15 going right now, but man is it ever loud and low. It rattles my eardrums //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.