W-2 Tax question

Called back today to let them know that they have till the 15th of Feb to fix the issue. They told me that they do not keep records of what checks are given to who or for the amount they pay people. So they not only have no clue what they paid me, but they have no clue what taxes they deducted. This is going to be a long battle.
Sounds like they have everything in order!

Called back today to let them know that they have till the 15th of Feb to fix the issue. They told me that they do not keep records of what checks are given to who or for the amount they pay people. So they not only have no clue what they paid me, but they have no clue what taxes they deducted. This is going to be a long battle.

Looks like you get to file your return with a form 4852 and initiate a W2 complaint. I hope you weren't expecting your refund before July or August.

Edit: It should be pretty cut and dry if you have ALL of your paycheck stubs. Just whatever you do, NEVER send your original documents to the IRS, send them copies only and if you have to go to the local office, NEVER let your originals out of your sight. Years ago, thanks to an IRS screw up, it took me 6 months to correct a Heavy Vehicle Use Tax mistake on their part because they misplaced some original documentation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.