W-2 Tax question

SPLAudioHz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Indiana
So I was working at this well known car audio shop as an installer for 2.5 months. I was called on my day off and fired for a pipe breaking in a wall that I didn't know existed, yeah it is some Ice Cube "Friday" **** but whatever I am over it. I get my W-2 today and apparently I made almost 17k there only working two days a week for 10 weeks. No it didn't pay that well. I added up my pay stubs and I actually made less than 10% of that amount. So the owner is sticking to the numbers. No ******* way.

Just looking for any one out there that may have some insight on this issue. Thanks,

Jesse

I'd call the IRS and report that sh*t. As long as you have all your records you'll be good.

Sounds to me like the owner is cooking the books and making it look like he made less money than he actually did in order to avoid more taxes.

Somebody is gonna get reamed by the IRS with no lube.

According to the IRS website I need to give them till Feb 15th. It is one of those cases where you don't want anything to do with the place, but now I am forced to. Urgh.

Out of curiosity, what do I do if they "say" they paid me X amount with whatever check # but never actually paid me. How is that traceable? Can they cut checks to "Employees" but not really give them to the employees and use the cash for other purposes and screw the employee?

According to the IRS website I need to give them till Feb 15th. It is one of those cases where you don't want anything to do with the place, but now I am forced to. Urgh.
Out of curiosity, what do I do if they "say" they paid me X amount with whatever check # but never actually paid me. How is that traceable? Can they cut checks to "Employees" but not really give them to the employees and use the cash for other purposes and screw the employee?
If their expenses don't add up with your pay stubs, then the IRS is gonna ask where that money went. Who knows what the owner did to get that number up so high. He must have made some bogus pay stubs with your name/employee i.d. or whatever and then never actually paid them out, but took those amounts out of the company's account.

Hard to say what he did exactly, but you're definitely going to have to provide proof of all your payments received from said company in order to cover your a**.

The hard part is going to prove that you didn't receive said checks if the owner says you did. Lots of paperwork involved. If you had direct deposit set up that would be an easy thing to show, however based on the span of your employment I think it's safe to assume that the IRS won't think that you made $17,000 in 6 weeks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Your really asking idiots on this forum a tax question? Most of these people are unemployed,that's why they're on here 24hrs. a day.
I'm posting helpful information? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Your really asking idiots on this forum a tax question? Most of these people are unemployed,that's why they're on here 24hrs. a day.
Full time student & Part time job, thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Called back today to let them know that they have till the 15th of Feb to fix the issue. They told me that they do not keep records of what checks are given to who or for the amount they pay people. So they not only have no clue what they paid me, but they have no clue what taxes they deducted. This is going to be a long battle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.