Voltage

Participant count
  • Participant list

youdoofus

Skibidi
Ok, so i finally had a warm enough day to get my voltage meter installed and its pretty cool //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif my questions is that my voltage is a lot higher when its stupid cold than even a mere 40 degrees. I was driving around doing stuff yesterday and it was at the high 13s when playing music at a reasonable volume, and dipped into the high 12s while at stop lights. Ok, thats well enough, but it was 43 degrees out. Now, this morning, the voltage was at around 15 when i got to my car (i remote start it and let it run for a few min when its this cold out) and it was around 12ish degrees and during the drive to work, headlights and heat on (well, the fan) the voltage never dipped below 13 even at stoplights. Is it normal for the voltage to be higher and more stable at lower temps?

it stayed consistently higher tho too. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but less amperage equals more voltage?
Voltage, amperage and watts are all determined by the same equation. That being

V(voltage) * A(amperage) = W(wattage)

As with any mathematical equation you can change things around to figure out different answers.

Such as

W/A = V or A = W/V

To answer your question, yes. You pull less amps your volts will be higher.

If 1000W / 100A = 10V but if 1000W / 16V = 62.5A

Or the thought that your amps stay the same.

100A * 10V = 1000W and 100A * 16V = 1600W

Voltage, amperage and watts are all determined by the same equation. That beingV(voltage) * A(amperage) = W(wattage)

As with any mathematical equation you can change things around to figure out different answers.

Such as

W/A = V or A = W/V

To answer your question, yes. You pull less amps your volts will be higher.

If 1000W / 100A = 10V but if 1000W / 16V = 62.5A

Or the thought that your amps stay the same.

100A * 10V = 1000W and 100A * 16V = 1600W
thank you sir! i made sure to calibrate the volt meter with a DMM and was just kinda shocked at how high the voltage was, but then again, the last volt meter i had in my car was on a stinger 5 farad capacitor and that was like 12 years ago

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.