Voltage vs. Heat question

Participant count
  • Participant list

ejschultz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Okay, so I know when it's hot outside the voltage of a car tends to be lower than when it's cooler or cold outside. Well, today it was about 90 degrees here and I noticed my car was sitting at about 13.2 volts at idle when it's normally about 13.8-14 volts at idle. Normally, you would think this would have somewhat of an adverse effect on a system; the lower voltage will mean less power. However, has anyone ever noticed that the speakers seem to be much more effecient when it's really hot outside? My music seemed so clear and loud today, more so than normal. Is it just me? Maybe my ears are much more sensitive when the temperature goes up? Or, has anyone else experienced this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.