Voltage to amp

1500 audiopipe mono block amp

15 inch Rockville k9 run at 1 ohm

What should voltage to amp be at I have multimeter 
if the car is running, youre going to want to see around 14.4 volts, if its off, 12.4. Bear in mind that you will lose some voltage over a length of cable, but the loss shouldnt be too much. Just do yourself a favor and get a voltage meter like this one  and connect it to the positive terminal of your amp and put the display up by your deck. Calibrate it and you should never see below 12 volts on that meter when banging or youre risking damage to your amp

let's take an exemple :

Hmm, lets see what we'd need for .1 second of discharge. V(t) = V0 * e^(-t/RC) C = - t / (R * ln (V(t) / V0)) C = -.1 / (.003 * ln(3/6)) C = 48 Farads Now a cap that large would need the ESR/ESL factored in as well, and hopefully the electrolyte wouldn't get cooked out from the heat of discharge. 

Lucky Patcherhttps://inro.in/lucky-patcher/ 9Apps VidMate

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.