Voltage Issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

bmk6795
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alright i havea 2001 civic ex and ive got a weird voltage problem. The voltage starts at 14.4 volts and after 10 minutes or so of driving it drops to 12.5 volts. Now if i turn any accessory on, headlights, ac, defrost, anything it goes back to 14.4. If i let off the throttle the voltage goes back up to 14.4, also happens if i idol long enough. The voltage also goes back up if im going over 65 mph. Any idea why this is happening? Ive been told it could be the voltage regulator in the alt but im not sure. Thanks for any help.

Hondas do that.
what causes it? Ive asked 3 different honda techs and they said that it shouldnt be doing that

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Hondas do that.
what causes it? Ive asked 3 different honda techs and they said that it shouldnt be doing that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.