Voltage dropping..?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Garrow215
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Burke, NY
Long story short, I added a 140 amp alternator from Summit Racing, and am running an Optima Yellow top under the hood of my '85 Monte SS. I put some hyper white xenon headlights in it, that are wired through relays. With the lights on my volts drop from almost 14 to 12.5ish, and then with the brights on it reads about 12 and at a red light my digital rear view mirror will start to kick off. Is there more I can be doing to beef up my electrical? How about the Big 3? I'm also running a stereo system that's listed in my sig. Thanks guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.