Noob Here

Participant count
  • Participant list

luisfmh

Okay, so i have a 1994 nissan sentra 2 door.

I hate the audio system in the car and today i bought some speakers as they were really cheap $70 and i figured i'd try to install it myself. And i need a few things. First off I know i'm gonna have to buy a new HU as the speakers i bought are

-2 MA Audio SY50C1

-2 MA Audio Y3K68P

-1 MA Audio 12 inch Subwoofer

so i need help for one picking a HU, and an amp if i need one?

I'm truly a noob at this stuff and would appreciate any help, the speakers also came with these MA audio 2 way crossover's.

Try pioneer. I've always had good experience with those. DEH-4000UB. I got it in the classifieds here for $90. The UB series allows you to connect a USB drive directly and most have a front aux port. And yes you are definitely going to need an amp for the sub. What's the budget?

I have around 250-300$ put for a HU and amp.how would i install it ?

like are there diagrams or electronics charts for how to hook everything up?

I was considering this HU Sony MP3/WMA CD Car Deck with iPod Control (CDXGT540UI) - Best Buy Canada
If you have upto 300 to spend then look into Pionner/Kenwood/Alpine/Clarion stuff. It's not tough to install. You can google how to take your dash apart for your car and you will most likely find a wiring harness for you car. If this is your first system and you are installing for the first time, I'd suggest going with a cheaper hu. No experience with the sony.

so its no problem that the original system in my car only has 2 speakers?

and the guides for installation that the HU and the amp come with would be enough to guide me?

is there anything i need to as for watts wise as for picking a good amp or HU? the hu connects to the amp and then the amp connects to the speakers/sub right?

If you have upto 300 to spend then look into Pionner/Kenwood/Alpine/Clarion stuff. It's not tough to install. You can google how to take your dash apart for your car and you will most likely find a wiring harness for you car. If this is your first system and you are installing for the first time, I'd suggest going with a cheaper hu. No experience with the sony.
Dude, I think he meant $250-$300 for both hu AND amp.

OP, that's going to be tought to do. Check the classifieds and try to match up the RMS ratings on the sub to the amp. Crutchfield has some good wiring diagrams, or just google it. Also for hooking up your sub check this one out. Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer WiringWizard

so its no problem that the original system in my car only has 2 speakers?and the guides for installation that the HU and the amp come with would be enough to guide me?

is there anything i need to as for watts wise as for picking a good amp or HU? the hu connects to the amp and then the amp connects to the speakers/sub right?
Honestly you really need to do some research before you ask a general question. We're not going to answer the most basic questions every time a new guy asks on here. Your questions have been asked a thousand times already. Search function, google are great tools.

so its no problem that the original system in my car only has 2 speakers?and the guides for installation that the HU and the amp come with would be enough to guide me?

Only 2 speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif, what car man? If you planning to run amps for both the speaker and sub, then you don't need to worry about what your came with the car. The watts for you sub amp at a particular ohm value should match to the rms power handling of your sub at the ohm value you wire it to using Youngblood's link.

Example - If the sub you have has a power handling of say 600 watts and is a dual 2 ohm. You can either wire it to 1 or 4 ohms. So you would be looking at amp that can do 600 watts at either 1 or 4 ohms. Same for the speakers.

Dude, I think he meant $250-$300 for both hu AND amp.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif My bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.