voltage drop without dimming?

i'm not having voltage drop. I was just asking for the sake of obtaining knowledge.

so if the wiring is good and you are getting serious dimming, then there is voltage drop. The dimming lights is the indication you get.

but if there is no dimming, yet voltage drop is occuring on the amp, would you be able to tell by sound? Would it get softer? Start clipping? What would tell you that someting is wrong?

i'm not having voltage drop. I was just asking for the sake of obtaining knowledge.
so if the wiring is good and you are getting serious dimming' date=' then there is voltage drop. The dimming lights is the indication you get.[/quote']

Yes. Lights are actually pretty sensitive indicators.

but if there is no dimming, yet voltage drop is occuring on the amp, would you be able to tell by sound? Would it get softer? Start clipping? What would tell you that someting is wrong?
Hard to say. If there's no light flicker and the amp's input is low, that can only be due to poor wiring or ground to the amp. Different amps behave differently under those conditions. Some will go into protect mode, some will get hot, etc. Whether you'll hear it or not is not certain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.