voltage drop to 11.6 with headlights on at idle.

Mr.meyhem
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
this was on a bass boosted song and I'm planning to turn the bass boost on my amp down to 1 or 0. normally the low is 12.4 but for most I'm in the mid 13's is this okay? i know that 11.6 is pushing it and i killed it as soon as i saw the 11 so it might go a little lower but on most songs my voltage doesn't drop that low.

and is my volt meter correct? it runs at 14.6 /14.7 at idle nothing on. but i ran my sub and amps like this before i had my volt meter not knowing i was dipping into the 11's and my amps didn't go into protection mode. so am i really dipping to 11.6?

Turn your bass boost off my friend...

get the bet ground you can or run the ground to the bat upfront

your voltage drop is gonna vary depending on what song our playing of course

as long as your meter is on your amp and its not a junk 1 dollar meter or blown up or something it should be reading correctly

a better alt and battery/s will help you the most

so whats the bottom voltage i should watch for? and is it bad if it just dips for a second? cuz it'll drop as they bass holds out but as soon as it goes to higher bass the voltage comes right back up to 13's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.