Voltage booster?

Sarthos
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MN
Is there any way that I can boost the voltage to certain accessories (like fans or lights) to get more power out of them? I know its easy enough to lower the voltage with a potentiometer, but I don't know of how to up the voltage. Any ideas? It'd just be cool to run fans and stuff around 16-18 volts so they could put out a bit more power.

I mean if I could run it to specific electronics or boost the power, then use a potentiometer to control it. Things like fans should work fine at higher voltage, but if I could use such a thing just to boost the radiator fan voltage if I idle for too long like I'm in a traffic jam or something it'd be nice.

Is that something that could be made out of various parts or something to buy? How might I be able to find such a thing? It'd just be kinda nice to be able to do that if I could, help run things at max power and such.

Is that something that could be made out of various parts or something to buy? How might I be able to find such a thing? It'd just be kinda nice to be able to do that if I could, help run things at max power and such.
You could make one if you're really good with electronics. If not they are available for purchase on various electronics websites. Just google DC-DC Power Supply and you should find lots.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.