Volfenhag 1600w to run a pair of 12"kicker cvr?

I have 2 kicker cvr's currently run by a pioneer GM-5500t 820w amp. Tomorrow I am getting a bigger amp in a trade. It is a Volfenhag zx-7180 320x2 rms at two ohms. 640x1 rms at four ohms. Rated at 1600 max. (Those are the stats the guy gave me) My question is wether that amp is too much for my subs. The kickers I have are grey and red, not black, if that matters at all. Thanks in advance for any help.

Well i'm getting a killer deal on it. I'm just trading a video game controller for it so I don't really have much to lose. So chances are it won't blow my subs? And if I go with a kicker amp, just to match everything, what size should I get?

Perfect amp for the CVR's is the zx750.1. That's gonna run you around 300 bucks new. Why not just get a cheaper monoblock? What impedance are the CVR's? Dual 2 or Dual 4?

You'd have to take one of the subs out of the box (I'd check both if you bought them used) and it'll say it on the bottom of the sub somewhere. Either on the magnet or by the connectors. If they're both dual 2 you're going to end up with a 2 ohm load meaning you need to find an amp that does around 800 or so @ 2 ohm. If they're dual 4 you'll have to get an amp that does around 800 @ 1 ohm.

I have 2 kicker cvr's currently run by a pioneer GM-5500t 820w amp. Tomorrow I am getting a bigger amp in a trade. It is a Volfenhag zx-7180 320x2 rms at two ohms. 640x1 rms at four ohms. Rated at 1600 max. (Those are the stats the guy gave me) My question is wether that amp is too much for my subs. The kickers I have are grey and red, not black, if that matters at all. Thanks in advance for any help.
I used that exact amp and it caught on fire in my trunk and took my subs and carpet and part of the backseat with it

These are the stats I got online for the amp. I'll check the subs here in a little bit.

2x800 watt max (2ohm). 2x320 watts continuous (2 ohm). 2x220 watts continuous (4ohm). 1x620 bridged (4ohm)

I used that exact amp and it caught on fire in my trunk and took my subs and carpet and part of the backseat with it
Well I'll have to do some research on it then because I have 2 small kids so i'm not taking a chance of a fire. (Not that the bass is on with the kids in the car but still)

These are the stats I got online for the amp. I'll check the subs here in a little bit.
2x800 watt max (2ohm). 2x320 watts continuous (2 ohm). 2x220 watts continuous (4ohm). 1x620 bridged (4ohm)
These specs are BS. And I'd listen to ThatChevyGuy. Volfenhag is the bottom of the barrel flea market crap. That's why people are trying to steer you away from it...

Well I'll have to do some research on it then because I have 2 small kids so i'm not taking a chance of a fire. (Not that the bass is on with the kids in the car but still)
I had to chuck my subs and the amp out at a carwash, you could roast marshmallows for hours.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.