VIPER 791 remote issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

hc3_cuz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
detroit
Last summer i bought a couple of spare remotes for my Viper 791 alarm. I followed the instructions on the back to make the remotes work but i couldnt get neither to work. So i decided to just take it to a shop and have them do it, but of course i forgot to do it and now my main keypad is broken. Anybody have any other ways to install spare key pads so that i can save my self a trip to the audio shop. Also the only issue i could think of as to why i cannot get it to work is that when i got my alarm installed the guy installing it did not put on the module to make my lights flash when i unlock/lock but i told him i would come back to get it done but changed my mind afterwards but i heard flashing your headlights like that could mess up my HID's. I am not sure if that module controls anything else but could this be a reason why i cannot program a spare keypad?

Anybody have any input on this issue? Any help would be appreciatied.

sidenote: i would take it back to the guy that installed it (he was a mgr at one of the audio shops but did the install at his house for me) but of course this was 2-3 years ago and have not a clue where this man is.

For reprogramming the remote,

Turn the ignition on (no need to start)

Press the valet button once and then press and hold it, you will hear one chirp

Continue holding the valet button and press lock on each remote. The alarm will chirp if it sees the remote.

Then turn the ignition off, on and off again

i believe i tried that and my issue was once i hit the valet button then press and held it i did not hear a beep. i will attempt to do this again when i get off work though... anybody know why i wouldnt hear a beep?

For reprogramming the remote,
Turn the ignition on (no need to start)

Press the valet button once and then press and hold it, you will hear one chirp

Continue holding the valet button and press lock on each remote. The alarm will chirp if it sees the remote.

Then turn the ignition off, on and off again
UPDATE: i attempted this method and again the alarm did not chirp when i pressed and then pressed and held the valet button. anyone else have any input??

Did the guy that installed your alarm connect the door trigger wire? When attempting to program the alarm, you must also have your driver side door open (which is why the door trigger wire would need to be connected).

UPDATE: i attempted this method and again the alarm did not chirp when i pressed and then pressed and held the valet button. anyone else have any input??
Have your alarm installed by professionals then. It seems they installed it wrong or you didnt follow the steps correctly from my post( which I doubt since you clarified what you did in that post I quoted)

Did the guy that installed your alarm connect the door trigger wire? When attempting to program the alarm, you must also have your driver side door open (which is why the door trigger wire would need to be connected).
I am not sure... Im not really good with alarms but the car is going to the shop tomorrow to get this issue fixed...

Have your alarm installed by professionals then. It seems they installed it wrong or you didnt follow the steps correctly from my post( which I doubt since you clarified what you did in that post I quoted)
sidenote: i would take it back to the guy that installed it (he was a mgr at one of the audio shops but did the install at his house for me) but of course this was 2-3 years ago and have not a clue where this man is.

The alarm was installed by a professional as stated in the first post. but the car is going to the shop tomorrow to get this issue fixed

THANKS everyone for your input/help i appreciate it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.