Fusion's 1995 Acura Integra GS-R Build/Clean-up Thread

Fusion_FREAK
10+ year member

Story of My Life...
A couple have told me make a thread about the 'new' car.

I started out with a 1997 Civic Ex. D16Y8 engine (Vtec), basic bolt on's, it made a little over 110 to the wheels, not much, but the car was fun to drive and was a little peppy, but after 3rd gear it quit and was a dog.

On October 24th, the Civic was totaled. I'm sure many have seen my thread. I was waiting to make a left turn, waiting for the oncoming traffic to clear and out of no where, I was rear ended by an ******* in a G35 sedan, and then thrown into the front of an S-10.

Here's what it looked like.

l_1ff5fb9a680148b3b5e8d2633088d3de.jpg

l_74a4f8df97614a37a4899f5c94ca805c.jpg

l_389e32a8a8b4474884fe97859ba7129e.jpg

l_b2a9889ac5e14e90988ecb6482bd8583.jpg

And here, the damage to the G35. Witnesses said he was going "60mph". I'm not sure if he was, or was not. Some say there's no way, but when you think about it, my car weighed like 2500lbs. I was not in gear, I was not on the brakes. As soon as he hit me, my car rolled. That's why his **** is not banged up beyond this

l_e98b344a2c19496f95b2e71da3ff6497.jpg

I was finally cut a check from his insurance company on the 4th, after them dicking me around about the parts on my car, and I even had receipts on most..

I was not going to settle for no single cam Civic at this point, was looking for an Integra.

I could not for the life of me find a car. I was going to settle on a 1996 LS Integra (non Vtec, only about 15 more hp than the Civic)

Until, while browsing Craig's List on a Friday night I believe, I found a car.

1995 GSR Integra, 2000 front and rear bumper conversion, imaculate interior, and 144k miles. The car was 220 miles away, and I went there to buy the car without seeing more than three pictures of it.

Took it for a 10 mile ride, did a compression check, and everything came back great. Handed the guy $3000 cash in 100's and left with a GSR.

Here's pictures from the night I had it home.

l_9cb3e210b4374ba49c14634c068bdd04.jpg

l_6b08d95af32244e0bae05686b86ef93a.jpg

l_71130d991fd8497cac8e4a056eaafbe0.jpg

l_365ae2831d914f45acde17161b5d1ad5.jpg

Since then, I've changed the shift boot to the one from my Civic, a black suede with red stitch, cleaned up the engine bay, Armorall'd the interior, scrubbed the carpet in the front, which is still not too clean... going to have to buy new carpet, which I'd hate to do, because everywhere else the carpet it perfect, or get the fabric dye and do that, I'll probably do that. Oh, and I also got rid of them ugly ass yellow high beams. Turned out it was just vinyl over the lenses.

First impression of the car, it's really quick. It has no problem doing about 80 in 2nd gear, fastest I've brought her to is around 110 when I dropped in into 3rd on the highway bringing it home. One thing I don't like, is how short the gears are.. at 70 mph, in 5th gear, the motor is at 4k rpm. I may look into getting a B16 trans.

Because of the exhaust is a little loud, I don't really get in it around town. Already got a **** ticket for "noise pollution" for the exhaust. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

It's going into the paint booth on Monday. Staying with the OEM black.

I don't know what I want to do as far as audio... I was thinking about glassing in the spare tire well, and putting a nice SQ 10" in there, and some really nice components.

It has no problem doing about 80 in 2nd gear ... 110 when I dropped in into 3rd ... One thing I don't like, is how short the gears are.. at 70 mph, in 5th gear, the motor is at 4k rpm
That's a weird transmission. 2nd and 3rd gears are super tall, yet 5th gear is quite short. If you could get something with a wider spread in gears, you could get it to be faster in the lower gears AND bring down the engine speed in top gear.

Good find.

That's a weird transmission. 2nd and 3rd gears are super tall, yet 5th gear is quite short. If you could get something with a wider spread in gears, you could get it to be faster in the lower gears AND bring down the engine speed in top gear.
Good find.
Swap in an LS 5th gear. Super easy to do in those transmissions.

Good find.
I meant that the transmission is geared more for acceleration. It will pull at 75mph in 5th.

Another thing with the motor in it, vtec engages at 4500 rmp when it's full throttle, and if I'm just feathering it, it pops off at 5k.

Going to change a lot of that stuff when it gets tuned. Went earlier tonight to my freind's shop to chip the ECU, but as it turns out he is out of chip sockets, so I'm going to order one and it'll get here next week.

Swap in an LS 5th gear. Super easy to do in those transmissions.
I may do that. Ls transmission's are super cheap and really easy to get. I think the input shaft bearing is starting to go, because I can hear it lightly spin, but it wasn't as bad as the one in my Civic.

I would just put in new carpet rather than messing with dye and risking it not looking right. You should also take out the crappy stock seats. Or at least recover them with a nice gray leather.

And I tlhink I might have an answer to your sub problem. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Nice little acquisition there. I'd almost be glad the prick ran into me.

I would just put in new carpet rather than messing with dye and risking it not looking right. You should also take out the crappy stock seats. Or at least recover them with a nice gray leather.

And I tlhink I might have an answer to your sub problem. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Nice little acquisition there. I'd almost be glad the prick ran into me.
I think that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to try and clean it one more time with a steam cleaner. If that doesn't work, the OE carpet is $130.

I actually like the stock seats, and those are in mint condition, not one hole or tear. They keep me in place on a hard corner, and are a lot more comfortable than the Civic. I was thinking about finding a black leather interior, but I'm in Florida... They'd be hot as **** in the summer time.

What sub(s) do you have in mind? I have no cash in the bank or PayPal though..

I may do that. Ls transmission's are super cheap and really easy to get. I think the input shaft bearing is starting to go, because I can hear it lightly spin, but it wasn't as bad as the one in my Civic.
You don't even need the whole transmission lol. Go to some Integra forums and look in the classifieds. People sell just the gear hahaha.

You may have alreadty mentioned this, but what motor does it have?? Is it the B18 or B16??
DC2 Integra GSR's have the B18

You may have alreadty mentioned this, but what motor does it have?? Is it the B18 or B16??
Im pretty sure if its a Vtec GSR its a B18C.

Also on the trans, I have a 91 LS and in 5th doing 65MPH my car sits at 3k so IDK if doing an LS swap will help all that much.

No way you're doing 80 in 2nd gear, I'd bet ya $20 2nd gear only takes you up to 50 mph, 60 tops. I've been in that car, the gearing is super short. I have super tall gears in my Accord and 2nd only takes me up to 62 mph.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.