Viper 5904 remote programming question

Participant count
  • Participants list

quebert

I have a 1 way SST remote I want to program for it. I Googled this and all I am seeing is basic guides for systems. I'm not sure if the 5904's any different. Would I program it the same as the guides I'm seeing? They're saying with the doors open and car on press the valet button once and press a button on the FOB, do it again and press the 2nd FOB buttons. I'll do this for all 5 buttons? I'm hesitant to just jump in and try it in case it's not the same, I don't want to screw anything up.

Also wondering about the valet button then FOB to program it. Does order matter? I mean let's say the 3rd time I'm pressing the valet one I should be doing the 3rd on the FOB right? seems like a silly question but I'm not sure if the FOB sends something specific so the module knows what was pressed, or it has to be done in an exact order.

Thanks for the reply, I don't know anyone with the Bitwriter and the shop isn't exactly close.

I decided to follow the guide I saw and I can't get it working. I know the FOB's good becaiuse it worked with the previous brain. I get in the car, with the door open turn on the ignition. Then I press the valet button 2 times, holding it the 2nd time until it chirps. But when I press the lock button on the SST FOB it does nothing. I Googled and am not seeing any specific guides for the 5902/5904 and Viper seems to offer no install manuals what-so-ever. I have the remote in program mode or whatever it's called where you press the F button for 8 seconds.

bitwriter actually doesn't have anything to really do with programming remotes; here's how to program.

1. hold down F button on remote until the LED on the top lights up.

2. open door, key to "on" position, within 5 seconds hit the programming button on the antenna once then hold until the horn honks.

3. press the remote start button on the remote (hard), the LED will blink 3 times, if it doesn't push the remote start button again hard.

4. hit F button on remote once, LED will blink.

5. push and hold F button until the LED goes out.

done, its actually rather easy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.