Very cool inexepnsive 8's

I'm sure they would have decent output in a home setting, and the price is very nice

You could get a lot of those in 1 trunk

CT

Squeak, I like that one, very nice

Very low Q, it would be ridiculous ported

It's funny when 8mm is considered dismal excursion, haha, 10 years ago that was a middle-top of the line woofer

CT

I would have to vote the Ascendant audio assassin as one badass 8" woofer.. I know a few people will back me up on that.. especially for the money..

The Tang Band 8 wouldnt give you any authority below 50 Hz. On the Freq Response graph it plummets around 15 db from 50 to 20 Hz....

That apex junior should work well IB......

On the topic, this one looks interesting aswell;
http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=MCMProducts&product%5Fid=55%2D2421&info=details

Though if you look at that data sheet, the coil length is 24mm with a gap height of 8mm, so Xmax is only about 8mm one-way (based on VC overhang alone...using the overhang+15% would give you about 9.2mm one-way)
That woofer looks almost identical to my Beals Brother's 8s, only with a foam surround. It even has the funky baffle cutout diameter I never got right. =p

The Tang Band 8 wouldnt give you any authority below 50 Hz. On the Freq Response graph it plummets around 15 db from 50 to 20 Hz....
That apex junior should work well IB......
Ive owned and played with that sub and it plays WELL below 50hz. I plan on experimenting with the neo 8" soon too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.