Very Brief Enclosure Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jhold87

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys real quick one here for you.

Right now I have a single 10-in Alpine Type R, the newest model, running on a 500 watt RMS Alpine amp and in a prefab basic sealed enclosure.

Looking to get more out of my setup and the obvious next step is to get a better box and I'd like to go ported and get rid of the prefab sealed setup.

I by no means am a box builder and don't have the tools to be one even if I wanted to. As such I'm looking online to purchase a high-quality custom box.

My search led me here:

I'm fine with the price if it's a quality unit and I like how they mention that this is not just another prefab box this one is custom-made specifically to my woofers perimeters so it's not a generic one-size-fits-all deal.

Any opinions or reviews on this company or box style?

Thanks guys

Hey guys real quick one here for you.

Right now I have a single 10-in Alpine Type R, the newest model, running on a 500 watt RMS Alpine amp and in a prefab basic sealed enclosure.

Looking to get more out of my setup and the obvious next step is to get a better box and I'd like to go ported and get rid of the prefab sealed setup.

I by no means am a box builder and don't have the tools to be one even if I wanted to. As such I'm looking online to purchase a high-quality custom box.

My search led me here:

I'm fine with the price if it's a quality unit and I like how they mention that this is not just another prefab box this one is custom-made specifically to my woofers perimeters so it's not a generic one-size-fits-all deal.

Any opinions or reviews on this company or box style?

Thanks guys

It's a pretty run of the mill custom box. Nothing wrong with it and they're saving you quite a bit of money with free shipping (baked into the price I'm sure). It's not a super strong box with basic 3/4" mdf and no double baffle, but your subwoofer is 750W so I wouldn't expect you to need a strong one. Plus your sealed is probably thinner. Also it's nice that it's on the upper end of the manufacturer requirements for space, meaning it may work with more powerful subs if you ever go for one. The Manufacturer recommends .75 to 1.3^2ft.

Are you sure 26" will fit where you need it? My trunk opening in the back seat funnels inward so I'd waste 1/3 of the trunk rather than 1/4" going a few inches smaller to fit between the wheel wells.

All that being said, your subwoofer is about to get a lot louder going from sealed to a 35hz tuned vented enclosure, just be aware you may have to turn down your high pass filter to accommodate it. If your other speakers have full sound in that high bass range, like 100-250hz, then it's ideal to get a box like that for probably more than double the volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.