vents in the rear of my truck cabin

wow, i cant believe the ******** you people are spouting. So in a car with No vents like a lexus or a mercedes is it impossible to close the door too? Ive been in plenty of cars with no vents, hell trucks too and not once never ever ever has anything like what you people are talking about happened.

MINE ARE SEALED WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!

wow, i cant believe the ******** you people are spouting. So in a car with No vents like a lexus or a mercedes is it impossible to close the door too? Ive been in plenty of cars with no vents, hell trucks too and not once never ever ever has anything like what you people are talking about happened.
the small environment in the trucks tends to build up a lot of pressure. and just because the cabin venting isnt as noticable on a white mans toyota, i mean lexus or a mercedes, that doesnt mean one doesnt exist. the windows on my dads porsche actually go up further to better seal the cabin once the door has already shut. when you open the door it goes down about a 1/8" until about a second after the door has been shut.

without reading any other posts in this thread (yup, ive only read yours), i can tell you that you my friend are wrong.

almost every car on the road has some kind of cabin venting. trucks are usually vented in the rear of the cab, between the cab and the bed. alot of other cars, SUV's, etc are vented in the rear, behind the tires.

why do they vent them you might ask, well allow me to shed some light on the subject //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . the doors, windows, and trunk, as well as any other opening to the exterior, form a weather proof seal sealing out any water penetration, and trying to seperate the occupants from the weather outside. when you close the doors, they can trap a little excess air in the cabin, these vents are there to try to minimalize this atmospheric compression.

will covering the vents up be a problem? i wouldnt think so, but they are there for a reason, might as well leave them there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.