Use this headunit or upgrade it?, considering this setup...

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
Which means your 2’channel will be 2 x 35 and your bridged four channel eill be 200 x 2 (and that’s if it’s the first gen 900.4. The new ones don’t put out rated. It’s first gen if is there’s a 40 and 30
Fuse on the outside of the amp.

As all these system recommendation posts lead to....enclosure and power are going to dictate realized midbass output so long as you pick the right driver. Look at a pwx6 mid and a ct2 tweeter. Both 4 ohm and you could send that bridged power at four ohms to the mids and get 65x2 out of that 2 channel. Focus on your door treatment and you may be able to just use the ppi one speaker per channel.

you Indicated your goal was output that could keep up with your sa so running 8 ohm drivers takes you the other direction from output.

Reactions: maxmil982

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
Main problem: building a front stage to keep up with a SA-12 on 1200rms
Bottleneck: low end of midbass

So after considering much input, final answer is most nearly: bridging the 4ch amp to 425rms @4ohm ×2 and running these active

Adding this small 2ch https://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-amplifiers/c-28-two-channel/zapco-st-2b-2-channel-full-range-class-a-b-amplifier.html

To run these

Anyone's thoughts/comments on this setup above is much appreciated...
you said you like it to keep up with your sundown. anything 90 db sensitivity and under will be completely drowned out. You've been looking at speakers that dont pair well with spl subs like the sundown aka WEAK output and that shit is 8 ohms at 88 db sensitivity as well yikes. Thats about as loud as a 4 inch speaker at best.

OP
M

maxmil982

Feb 12, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
Which means your 2’channel will be 2 x 35 and your bridged four channel eill be 200 x 2 (and that’s if it’s the first gen 900.4. The new ones don’t put out rated. It’s first gen if is there’s a 40 and 30
Fuse on the outside of the amp.

As all these system recommendation posts lead to enclosure and power are going to dictate realized midbass output so long as you pick the right driver. Look at a pwx6 mid and a ct2 tweeter. Both 4 ohm and you could send that bridged power at four ohms to the mids and get 65x2 out of that 2 channel. Focus on your door treatment and you may be able to just use the ppi one speaker per channel.

you Indicated your goal was output that could keep up with your sa so running 8 ohm drivers takes you the other direction from output.
What you're saying makes a lot of sense. The ppi has a 40 and 35 on the outside. I bought it about 2 years ago so I believe it is Gen 1.

I will definitely treat the doors to the max.

Ok thanks. So after all, would bridging to 425 to the pwx6 and getting a 2ch for the tweets is that considerably more output than all 4 speakers on the 4ch or would that be just splitting hairs?

OP
M

maxmil982

Feb 12, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
you said you like it to keep up with your sundown. anything 90 db sensitivity and under will be completely drowned out. You've been looking at speakers that dont pair well with spl subs like the sundown aka WEAK output and that shit is 8 ohms at 88 db sensitivity as well yikes. Thats about as loud as a 4 inch speaker at best.
Agreed.... couldnt find the sensitivity for the pwx6 on crescendo site.

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
What you're saying makes a lot of sense. The ppi has a 40 and 35 on the outside. I bought it about 2 years ago so I believe it is Gen 1.

I will definitely treat the doors to the max.

Ok thanks. So after all, would bridging to 425 to the pwx6 and getting a 2ch for the tweets is that considerably more output than all 4 speakers on the 4ch or would that be just splitting hairs?
Get a different amp than that zapco

OP
M

maxmil982

Feb 12, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
Any suggestions on a good 2ch amp to power the tweets?

Thats the last thing I'll ask. You and everyone else has been great help and I appreciate it. It's time to start building and let my ears answer some questions.

OP
M

maxmil982

Feb 12, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
To any who can help:
8" mids, Crescendo pwx8, fabricating something to make them fit in an '05 Altima front door, doable? If so any resource on how to or any other tips...

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
I mean I fit 4 10" PWXs in Ford Focus doors so anything is possible. lol

I'm going to disagree on the under 90db sensitivity 8ohm mids don't get loud though.

I would pass on those Zapco amps though. They aren't made like they used to be.

OP
M

maxmil982

Feb 12, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
I mean I fit 4 10" PWXs in Ford Focus doors so anything is possible. lol

I'm going to disagree on the under 90db sensitivity 8ohm mids don't get loud though.

I would pass on those Zapco amps though. They aren't made like they used to be.
You got any fabricating resource or advice to help me get me started on the doors?

OP
M

maxmil982

Feb 12, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
What do you guys think about Hertz MPK 165 ? I'm hearing they play loud and low and have power handling which is exactly the goal.

Last edited:

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
What do you guys think about Hertz MPK 165 ? I'm hearing they play loud and low and have power handling which is exactly the goal.
yes hertz is a good compromise between loud and sound quality just costs money haha. to get midbass you'll need really good door prepping and overall tuning. The midbass output potential is finicky but can do real well if done right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds