usb to laptop?

trashedxj
10+ year member

I got that Jeep thing
i found a clarion deck i thinkin about gettin if i dont get alpine cause clarion puts out 6 volts preamp! but it also has a usb port. i wonder if i can hook it to my laptop instead of an ipod to play music as i have thousands of songs on the laptop and it would be cool to be able to clcik and play? is there such a way to make this happen or is the usb mainly for ipod?

No, the usb output from the HU needs to connect to

a "device" type input, not another USB controller.

Unless someone makes some kind of ipod emulator

that reprograms your usb port on the laptop.

I would imagine there is some way you could, but don't see why you'd want to when you can simply pop a flash drive into the usb port instead.

dont do it it won't work. my home theater has a usb input for a mp3 and they tell you in the manual to not connect a computer (or even ipod since it has a seperate dock for ipod) cause it won't work and may even cause damage to something and the headunit probally works exactly the same way you could always connect the laptop to a mini jack input but it would be a ***** trying to control the songs on a laptop while driving

well i mean it would be while driving, more or less when on the ave being a mall queen just jammin the stereo chillin with friends like a tail gate party thing type deal! i didnt think it would work i just thought i would ask seemed like a cool idea and instead of scrolling through to find a song i could just click and play from the lap top! thanks for the info!

of course it can be done just not easily. you just must emulate the same format as the unit accepts. by mounting a virutal device via usb. you would have to talk to someone with more experiance tho

i dont think USB will work i always hook my laptop to my HU through the AUX in and it works fine like you said click and play //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i dont think USB will work i always hook my laptop to my HU through the AUX in and it works fine like you said click and play //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yup. headphone to rcas then to hu

yup. headphone to rcas then to hu
well in my case my HU has a 3.5mm AUX input so i just have a 5ft male-male 3.5 mm jack wire runnig through the dash to a laptop stand but either way it sounds just as good a a cd and i can DL music riding through town using wifi and just click and play just like a carputer without all the hassle

well in my case my HU has a 3.5mm AUX input so i just have a 5ft male-male 3.5 mm jack wire runnig through the dash to a laptop stand but either way it sounds just as good a a cd and i can DL music riding through town using wifi and just click and play just like a carputer without all the hassle
thats pretty g.

hi-jack music, while play off laptop, while drink rootbeer, while drift, while poast.

nice

you gadda luv it i am eating lunch right now in the parking lot of BK typing this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.