Streaming to stereo through usb

Participant count
  • Participant list
Have you been able to stream Youtube through the USB? Asking to see if you are able to get any audio through USB, or just the one app you want to use isn't working or their app doesn't support that in some way.

What's the brand / model head unit?

I can stream youtube, soundcloud, and other sites with audio from my 6 year old iPhone to my 10+ year old Sony via USB, same for the 10 year old Pioneer I recently put in my truck. I don't subscribe to any music apps / sites, I guess that is a difference, so I don't know anything about the site you want to stream from, but I have been able to stream through USB. I mainly listen on Youtube.

Last edited:
Have you been able to stream Youtube through the USB? Asking to see if you are able to get any audio through USB, or just the one app you want to use isn't working or their app doesn't support that in some way.

What's the brand / model head unit?

I can stream youtube, soundcloud, and other sites with audio from my 6 year old iPhone to my 10+ year old Sony via USB, same for the 10 year old Pioneer I recently put in my truck. I don't subscribe to any music apps / sites, I guess that is a difference, so I don't know anything about the site you want to stream from, but I have been able to stream through USB. I mainly listen on Youtube.
im trying to get a new one, because my mine now isn't very good, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just not an option on this one. I just want to know if it's possible to stream it like that before I spend the money for a HU capable of lossless audio. But it's a Boss BV755B.

im trying to get a new one, because my mine now isn't very good, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just not an option on this one. I just want to know if it's possible to stream it like that before I spend the money for a HU capable of lossless audio. But it's a Boss BV755B.
I feel the need to clarify. Yes, I can stream Apple Music through USB. I need to use CarPlay for that to work. I don’t have an Android, but I assume Android Auto would work the same. Once connected, you control streaming through the headunit. I just spent 20 min. trying straight through USB and now have a steering wheel shaped dent in my forehead.

Crutchfield specs state the following for the Boss BV755B: “front USB input (not compatible with iOS or Android devices)”

Since it seems to be the case it won't stream anything on your phone via USB (or you didn;t mention if you could do Youtube for example), I’m going to say it just can’t do it unfortunately based on what I just read at Crutchfield. I don;t know about carplay, or apply music. I'm too old for that stuff.

I've been really happy with my Sony head unit, so I would seriously look into a modern Sony. I've had a bunch of head units and the Sony has been my favorite so far. But whatever you get, you'll want to make certain you dig deep in the specs to find out if it can sync with Android and or iOS devices over the USB port, depending on your needs.

Last edited:
Otherwise, I'd say to try contacting Boss directly, via email, whatever, and ask them if it is capable of Tidal etc.
I don't plan on having this head unit for much longer, so I'm not worried about its lack of features. Not even the aux port ever worked lol. If you'd like to recommend a specific headunit, that'd be very helpful. Looking for 4+ volt pre amp, 3 rca channel, and front facing USB for under $300.

I don't plan on having this head unit for much longer, so I'm not worried about its lack of features. Not even the aux port ever worked lol. If you'd like to recommend a specific headunit, that'd be very helpful. Looking for 4+ volt pre amp, 3 rca channel, and front facing USB for under $300.
Good luck. Front facing USB it's rare and it's not hard to reroute a USB from the rear. 300 isn't enough for any quality touch screen with 3 sets of preouts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...