USB Port?

Subst4nce
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Does anybody know if they make a USB attachment to a deck where i can plug in a Flash drive? I know certain decks have them built in but I think i saw someone who had a usb port mounted on their dash so they can plug in a flash drive or a hard drive.. Any ideas?

there are lots //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

x2, lol

Does anybody know if they make a USB attachment to a deck where i can plug in a Flash drive? I know certain decks have them built in but I think i saw someone who had a usb port mounted on their dash so they can plug in a flash drive or a hard drive.. Any ideas?
Alot of compaines offer decks with built in USB ports as well as a add on USB adapter. If you were shopping for a new deck, I would recommend getting one with it built in. One less device to install.

Im using the Pioneer 6000UB and its built in USB interface is perfect,esp with a flash drive.

Got any links where i can buy one?

I must have read my sig a few times to be this generous lol, but...

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Group/ProductMenu.aspx?showAll=Y&g=300&tp=5684&nvpair=AG_General_Features%7cFFUSB_Input

There are plenty there, but you can get them online prob at much better prices. I like the Pioneer because USB connection with a flash drive is instant and very smooth. I have my MP3 player in harddrive mode and at 16g amd 8g settings, the Pioneer read them without any issues or additional programing.

Search around, its plenty out there.....

I'm not sure if you understand my question or not, I have an alpine CDA-9856.. do they make a usb connector to that? I know I can get an ipod attachment, but I want to be able to plug a flash drive into it, meaning the connection has to be a female USB port I'm not planning on changing my head unit anytime soon considering nothing is wrong with this one...

Do some research on that Alpine adapter. I have read where when you turn your car off it always reverts back to the first song on the list. I had a POS sony that did that and it drove me nuts to hear the same song every time you start your car

ahh there you go, thanks a lot, I actually have been doing a lot of research looking for what it would be called but I couldn't find anything... Sorry for being all wordy and thanks for understanding.

Also you might want to check a couple of local shops. Usually they have better prices than websites. (Just make sure the shops are authorized dealers)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.