Upgrading My Electrical System

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey, I am looking to upgrade my 2007 ford focus SE 2.0l's electrical for my system. I have a 5000 watt sub amp and a 600 watt door amp. I know I'm running the stock alt, so that's 120 amp max. Aka that's around 1600 watts max. There are 2 4 gauge wires running to the amps.

I'm looking at a 370 amp alt https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/Ford~Focus~2007~2.3L-I4-Duratec/8407-370-xp.html . [/URL]

I also have to find 2 batteries; one for my trunk and a new main one. I was looking at xs power, but I'm stuck there. I know the one in the trunk needs to be a dry cell b/c of the fumes.

For the batteries, I was looking into installing a 200 amp relay right next to the main battery. http://www.amazon.com/Stinger-SGP32-Battery-Relay-Isolator/dp/B001HBYXVS .

I'm not sure if I need any more fuses than I already have. (one on each of the 4 gauge wires).

Also, kind of out of the electrical questions, but I also need a new sub box. I'm running 2 12's, and they need 0.85 cubic ft. to 1.75 cubic ft. of space in the enclosure.

Thanks!

Yea, the amp will not do 5k.

Should be fine with a bigger alt, two batteries, and zero gauge.

You don't need to waste your money on a battery isolator, unless you play your system with the car off. I also don't recommend playing your system with the car off if you only have one extra battery in the rear. Low voltage is an easy way to blow big amps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.