Upgrading amp fuses

OK so school me.... if you dare
I think this guy has to be trolling.. otherwise hed listen to advise.

OP run the fuse the amps rated for. simple as that.

If for some reason your popping fuses, then ensure your ground connection is properly grounded/tight.

Use a DMM to set gains on the amp. you 'could' be clipping the fu3k ouuta it

I think this guy has to be trolling.. otherwise hed listen to advise.
OP run the fuse the amps rated for. simple as that.

If for some reason your popping fuses, then ensure your ground connection is properly grounded/tight.

Use a DMM to set gains on the amp. you 'could' be clipping the fu3k ouuta it
No bad grounds here

It happens more often the louder I turn it up hahahahaha. Guys I know what I'm doing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif just need bigger fuses
Keep us updated! And your bass boost may be set too low [emoji106]

No bad grounds here
ok,so i am goin to assume you have properly sanded paint to bare metal, AND have properly sized power wire for ground/power. On that note, how is your power wire routed? check if it has tight bends that could have weared and be shorting out?

Secondly if setting gains properly, and you have a solid ground/power supply, id prolly look at amp internals from that point.

Take it to a reputable shop and have it bench tested

ok,so i am goin to assume you have properly sanded paint to bare metal, AND have properly sized power wire for ground/power. On that note, how is your power wire routed? check if it has tight bends that could have weared and be shorting out?
Secondly if setting gains properly, and you have a solid ground/power supply, id prolly look at amp internals from that point.

Take it to a reputable shop and have it bench tested

Like I said from the beginning. I know what I'm doing. I didn't make this thread to ask advice. The reason the fuses keep popping is because the amp is wired to .25 ohm and its pulling more than the 90 amps of current that's it's fused with from factory. So none of your advice is going to fix my problem.

SO HAS ANYONE SEEN ATO FUSES BIGGER THAN 40 AMPS???

Welp, it looks like you have a very nice system. its my fault i didnt recognize your sig prior to posting. my fault bro. was just trying to help. hope you get it sorted out
Thanks. I'm redoing my amp rack that houses the 2 AQ3500s. I stuck this amp in there temporarily just to play with. So far it's done 148.6db on the powerbass

How do you figure?
It was blowing fuses for a reason.

The manufacturer picked the fuse ratings based on current tolerance of internal components. They are protecting the amplifier.

There is an underlying issue that is causing it to blow the fuses. Because you say it happens when you turn it up, I would assume it is either heavily clipping or there is a bad electrical connection that is causing the amp to draw more current than it should.

If you put in larger fuses and the amp pulls the same amount of current, instead of fuses blowing, your amp will.

It was blowing fuses for a reason.
The manufacturer picked the fuse ratings based on current tolerance of internal components. They are protecting the amplifier.

There is an underlying issue that is causing it to blow the fuses. Because you say it happens when you turn it up, I would assume it is either heavily clipping or there is a bad electrical connection that is causing the amp to draw more current than it should.

If you put in larger fuses and the amp pulls the same amount of current, instead of fuses blowing, your amp will.
There you go assuming... you must not have read the above posts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.