Need help deciding on amp ASAP so I can order

Participant count
  • Participant list

ycc456

First Ill tell you my plan but if you have a better one let me know.

I have a 1988 ramcharger that I wasnt to keep a " classic look " so I wasnt going to go with a head unit. Instead I was going to get a Lanzar Heritage series bluetooth amplifier ( 5 channel 3000 watts ) and hook up the speakers I have already ordered as well as that subwoofer I am going to order with the amp all to it and leave the stock stereo where it is just not hooked up to any speakers. Anyways I have a set of Rockford Fosgates POWER 6x9s ( 200w peak / 100 rms ) for the front and then a pair of Rockford Fosgate POWER 6.5s ( 150w / 75w rms ) peak for the back. I am undecided on the subwoofer I will buy probably a p2 but back to the amp

It says it can be wired in the following variations

4 X 250W + 1 X 650W RMS @ 4 Ohms

4 X 350W + 1 X 1,500W RMS @ 2 Ohms

however with either 4 or 2 ohms the rms is too high for my speakers....... but the 5 channel amp is only available in 3000 watts and theres not alot of other options for bluetooth amplifiers.... I cant simply just power them with a new unit that will be at the most 25 watts per channel rms.... What should I do?

There are lots of amplifiers with BT built in or with an available add-on, or universal BT receivers with outputs to plug straight into any amplifier. Rockford Fosgate can take care of you and it would be a lot better than a "3,000W" Lanzar amplifier that is probably vastly overrated.

4 star rating on amazon for this particullar product..... What would you recommend to power 4 speakers ( 2 @ 75w RMS and 2 @ 100w RMS ) plus a subwoofer?....... If I can find an amp that can properly do that then I would be ok with just buying a headunit to hook it to.. But im not running a seperate amp for door speakers and the for the subwoofer.

Most of the time when you see a good rating on a bad product it's someone that works there. 

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

JBL GTO-5EZ 5-Channel GTO Series Class AB/D Car Amplifier
I was looking on amazon there is a 5 channel " kenwood performance " amp with 700 watts RMS seems a little low? That would be 350 for all 4 speakers and leave 350 for a subwoofer? Thoughts on kenwood and this wattage?

There is a 5 channel " kenwood performance" on amazon with 700 RMS that would be 350 for speakers and 350 for subwoofer? Thoughts on Kenwood and on this wattage?

Thank you for your help in previous cars Ive only ran speakers from headunits and then powered subwoofers so I never had to make this decision.

Ive came down to 3 options and would love to get your opinion

- The JBL you reccomendedhttp://www.amazon.com/JBL-GTO-5EZ-5-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B007GYU7BK/ref=sr_1_11?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1446508254&sr=1-11&keywords=5+channel+amplifier

This Polk http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-5-Channel-Amplifier-PAD5000-5/dp/B005ZKFZEQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Or the kenwood I described http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KAC-7005PS-Performance-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B00786XNS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446509836&sr=8-1&keywords=kenwood+5+channel

The JBL and The Polk are both about 250 and then the kenwood is much cheaper at 189

Is either the Polk or Jbl worth the extra 70 over the kenwood.

Also an opinion on each brand.

JBL has more power on the 4 channel than the kenwood. Also has a easy gain setting tool. You might need that

Kenwood is ok

Polk has the most power on the 4 channel but the sub channel is highest at 1ohm

When I was getting back into the game I had gotten a Kenwood XR-5S. Solid little amp and decently clean. It was my first class D amp and I thought it sounded pretty good. It had 350rms @ 4 ohms going to the sub channel and 80wrms x 4 @ 4ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.