upgrades to electrical system

Upgrade your battery to a Stinger battery under the hood. Change your factory alternator to a H/O alternator and change your factory pwr. and grnd. and you wont have any problems. I promise.

i'd say do the big 3 and try 2 kinetik 2400's (or something else) and see what happens, if thats not enough then upgrade the alt...
So, spend ~$600 on batteries, and not even touch the alternator?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I'd do the Big3, replace stock battery with a deep cycle, and upgrade your alternator.

The 2500.1 is surprisingly efficient for a larger amplifier, but still needs current //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

nG

If you uprgrade you alt to 180 + then i say Big 3, Kinetik 800 under the hood, Kinetik Hc 2400 in back

If you don't upgrade your alt i say Big 3, either stock batt or hc 600 under hood and 2 Kinetik Hc 2000 in back

Good Question.

First off, it all depends on what kind of current your going to be drawing to tell you exactly what size wire, and batteries you are going to need, and alternator size as well.

My suggestion without knowing any of the equipment you are going to buy/use(unless its the stuff in your sig) is....

1. Buy a HO alt, preferably 140-160 amps or higher if you want.

2. Do the Big 3 with 1/0awg, make sure you fuse it with the correct fuse. If your alternator is 160 amps, get a 160 amp fuse and nothing less etc, 140-140 etc.

3. After you have a new alternator, and the Big 3 buy a Kinetic battery. You can buy other ones such as deka and northstar optima...whatever I go with Kinetics because they are cheaper, and you get more amps out of them. EBay them and you should be straight.

4. RUn a 1/0 awg wire to the back of your car, so with doing the big 3 and the run to the back, id say you need about 25-30 feet or so.

Of the wiring, battery and alternator, Each work with one another. Just make sure you fuse correctly just incase you dont blow something up!

I hope I helped, I used to be really stupid at this stuff.

i would go at least 200 amps on the alt and an extra group 31 battery in back. for all around use the bigger the alt you get the bigger the variances will be in what ip puts out. when at idle i would be positive that your system at high volume could over draw most alts. the batteries might not keep you at 14v but they would stop what could damage your amps, also give you reserve to mess around with the system with the engine off. i would go something like a kinetik 1400-1800 under the hood and a 2400 in back.

There is no need to spend that much on batteries before you even upgrade your alt. You can get a HO for under $300, and You're talking about spending twice that on batteries. Do the big 3, Upgrade your underhood battery, And install a HO alt. and I bet you wont need extra batteries. As it's already been said, the 2500.1 is a very efficient amp, You dont need a stock pile of batteries if you just do whats been mentioned.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.