Upgraded equipment, worse sound

No doubt Amping the speakers will get u loud but u should first address the problem. No matter what aftermarket speakers were used they should atleast match or exceed the factory sounds.

Each manufacturer uses their own crazy color coded wires for positive/negitve connections and its easy to get it wrong especially when u factor in the "high school" or inept installers at best buy. By Fading and using the balance settings on ur tuner u are isolating front to rear and/or indavidual speakers. When wired out of phase each speaker will play fine on its own(usually) but when paired with a speaker of CORRECT polarity they will work against each other causing a lack of sound and eventually damage to all components involved. By doin this u should be able to isolate the prob atleast to the front or the rear thus telling u where to start. The 12voltdotcom has a vast vehicle wiring section that will give u the info you need to check, verify or repair any polarity issues u may have. This Should be where u start and then if everything has tested to be "ok" u might consider an amp. Hope this helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.