New componet setup

Participant count
  • Participant list
then you wanna try to mount them in a spot where they are facing the driver and passenger a bit ,then you can pivot them more toward the spot you want
Well I can try but the sail area is not that big but should be somewhat doable.

What's the suggested way to do the cutout?

So I took the sail panel off and I know it's hard to see but the window is up.. kind of tight for a 1" tweeter, the hole needs to be 1-3/4

20130712_110202_zps48edb7a9.jpg

Given how it looks it seems like I have to use the basket and mount the tweeter in that, the downside is I can't pivot.

View attachment 26543615View attachment 26543614View attachment 26543613Well all done, not bad but I had to do a little modding as you can see.. the factory tweeter option came with deeper sails for the tweeter but a used set is like $45 and not worth it IMHO, with this the flush mount was still too thick so what I did was take the swivel mount out and locked the tweeter on it and stuck it in the housing, It's not able to swivel because of how it is, however they are both pointed at the listener so it's what counts I guess and secured with superglue.

The supplied spacers did not fit so I had to mod the factor spacers and trim it so the magnet would not get caught up, the tweeter mounting was pretty easy, in both videos that was just the front speakers playing, factory could not handle being at vol level 31.. Any higher the kenwood's start to distort but it's plenty loud if you ask me! I'm glad the speaker was not really deep since Subaru's have shallow doors and the window would be the first thing to hit the magnet.

Also for the rear speakers what should I put? I was thinking the Alpine SPS-610 I wont be putting a amp on them

I just thought about this.. my Kenwood components in the front have inline crossovers, So if I amp the fronts how do I go about doing that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.