Upgrade Suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

infinotize
10+ year member

I just got a car, the previous owner has in there an oldish Alpine tape HU hooked up to a 6cd changer, an oldish alpine v12 4ch amp going to the front mb quart comps which he put in, and some rear speakers I don't know anything about. Anyway I figured mb quarts, alpine hu, and 50 watts rms each would sound good enough but it doesnt. The bass is weak unless turned up high on the HU, and it just feels lacking. I am not impressed with the sq at all really, but I'm not used to hearing anything without bass. I had planned on getting a Shiva a while back, in a sealed box with a profile Clarus amp (300 rms @ 4 ohms). Would this be worthwhile or is a total rework in order?

I would start by adding the sub and amp combo that you wish to have onto the existing system. MB's are a little bright and this prob helps make them sound thin without any subs. The system should sound decent once you get some bass in there. If after adding bass you are not happy with the rest of the system then start upgrading, but no reason to spend that money if you don't have to.

Go with the added bass first I think you will be supprized at how it will snap the system into place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.