unOfficial 2008 alpine iDA-X--- series HU thread

USCFAN
10+ year member

Alpine's IDA-X100 is a foreign affair coming stateside in the spring. Not only does the 2.2-inch touchscreen mime the iPod's UI, but it has Bluetooth audio streaming, a USB port for memory stick audio playback, HD/Sat radio readiness, a "Tag and Sync" function that allows for keying of HD radio songs for later purchase on iTunes, AAC and WMA support. It also has IMPRINT tech for mapping a car's acoustical peculiarities and overcoming. The line, a follow up to the IDA-X001, includes X200 and X300 models lower down the food chain that lack the nice screen.
iDA-X100

U.S. $400.00

Available in February

iDA-X200

U.S. $300.00

Availability: January 2008

iDA-X300

U.S. $200.00

Availability: January 2008

=iDA-X100&model[]=iDA-X200&model[]=iDA-X300&source=/US-en/products/series-c.php&category=AV_HU"]Compare the features

iDA-X100M [Marine edition]

U.S. $350

Availability: unknown

[iimage will be posted when I find one.]

The new iDA-X100 fixes some very annoying issues that the iDA-X001 had:
* The large center button is now the "enter" button instead of the useless search button.

* It's fully compatible with the new iPods and the iPhone.

* They've replaced the large phone button with a "back" button which is far more useful.

* Album art problems are fixed.

* They've finally added the ability to view radio station data (RDS) for analog radio stations.

New to the iDA line is Alpine’s Alphabet Search or Percentage Search. Alphabet Search lets you quickly scroll through the artists or playlists alphabetically while Percentage Search divides your iPod library into six groups, allowing for quicker access to your music.

Also new to the three head units, and a first in the industry, is iTunes® Tagging. When used with the TUA-T550HD HD Radio, any HD station broadcasting metadata will enable the listener to save a songs information for later purchase. By saving it to the iPod, once the listener syncs their iPod, a new playlist of all the saved songs information appears and one can now easily purchase the music with a click.

PXA-H100 [imprint module]

U.S. $180

Availability: march 08

Another add-on is an Imprint plug-in module that automatically adjusts the sound system to your vehicles' interior for optimal acoustics. It works with most Alpine units including mechless models. Called the PXA-H100, it ships in March 2008 at a suggested retail of $180.
Looks like i will be picking up the new iDA-X100 to replace my aging alpine system commander[CTA-1505], so I will try to keep the thread update as new info is found out.

fdghtrht....sorry bout that. just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
What do you not like about them? Just the look? I think they made some pretty big improvement. Imprint should take care of the big problems i had with lack of EQ features.

What do you not like about them? Just the look? I think they made some pretty big improvement. Imprint should take care of the big problems i had with lack of EQ features.
That's what I am hoping. I just ordered the x100 & h100 from my local dealer, now I just can't wait tell they come in.

Does any one know if the h100 is always plugged in or just during the setup process like the ktx100?

I'm not sure but I bet the PXA-H100 is always plug in since it will do the processing. Maybe ask your dealer or wait till alpine post the manuals. I will try and post the manuals here once alpine makes them available.

Please keep us updated if you find out anything and Welcome to the forum!

Alpine iDA-X100M

alpineae8.jpg

I saw these at CES. I specifically went to the Alpine booth for these units. The difference between the 100 and 200 isn't that big feature wise but the screens are completely different so the 100 would be better.

I was still disappointed that Alpine makes you hook up another unit to get EQ. It means the signal gets processed twice. This was confirmed by the rep at the booth. Also the pre-amp out is still on 2V. He made a big deal that 2V was fine. When I asked why the 9887 has 4V he said it was just to appease the audio heads and it didn't make any difference. When I mentioned all the EQ features of the 9887 he said their market research showed people only play with bass and treble. That may be on low end models but not on the high end.

I was pretty disappointed in the few changes from last year to this year. The main feature is pushing the large click wheel selects the track. Wow. A whole year just for that.

As much of a let down as these are there's still nothing to complete with them with ease of use with an iPod and these use a Burr Brown instead of the iPod internal DAC which is nice.

I wont but a HU unless it has 4V or more,alpine has not made a good HU in about 3 years

since dropping the 9833/9835

These look awsome and are reasonably priced but I am guessing they lack the features

for high performance sound quality

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.