Unlimited Camaro SS vs. Shelby GT500 Top Speed Test

What makes you think they're trying to keep up with Chevrolet, bro? Do you honestly believe that Ford isn't capable of building a "fast" car? Really? It's obvious that Ford's marketing strategy isn't based on high performance vehicles, but the GT alone proves they're capable of building high end vehicles when they want to.
Besides, Shelby isn't Ford. It's a stand alone company that does specialty work on a certain Ford vehicle. It's the same principal as a Lingenfelter Vette or Camaro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Ford definitely is trying to keep up with GM. That is why the 2011 Mustang is so much better than the 2010. Without the Camaro to push them it'd be as bad as it has been the past how many years.

Also, the GT500 is regular Ford. It rolls off the AAI line in Flat Rock, MI with all the other Mustangs. That is nothing at all like a Lingenfelter, it's just Ford using Shelby's name. The GT500 is on Ford's site, sold at any Ford dealer, etc just like the rest of the Mustangs. The Z28 will be a direct competitor to it, not the SS. A Lingenfelter is done by Lingenfelter at their shop, not on GM's site at all, and completely done aftermarket.

Funny how nearly all of the Ford fanboy talk in here is completely false.

I didn't know this.
Yep, it's pretty cool seeing them built on the same line as V6 stangs and Mazda 6's actually. The "Shelby GT's" which were just tarted up regular GT's made a few years back were actually done in Vegas by Shelby's company. They were hardly more than an (overpriced) appearance package though unlike the GT500.

I still think Chevy could learn a thing or two from Ford, a company that hasn't recently been in danger of going out of business...
Actually, Ford was in a very large danger of going out of business (hence why they mortgaged everything when they did). They're still not out of the woods.

Let's not get into this though, this box/enclosure thread is clearly about the GT500 and SS performance!

well my father has a roush stage 2 01 gt convertible, and it has nothing under the hood for power adders, just a beefed up suspension etc, if he would have gotten a stage 3 then there is the supercharger etc...

and honestly... for a few hp, mph, few 1/10th on the strip, bla bla bla, is it really worth it to argue this? Its like arguing if the dc level 5 12 is better than a dd 9912, you get the argument either way and if they are within a tolerable margin of output then everyone says 'eh get whatever you can afford'... so why not just get what you want?

I do however like my fathers 65 fastback with the built 351 cleveland ( believe it is) ~ 525hp ... when it stays together //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

good read, bla bla bla, totally on topic... not!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.