Unlimited Camaro SS vs. Shelby GT500 Top Speed Test

The starting price on the Shelby is $48,645, on the Corvette is $48,930, and on the Camaro is $30,945.
I'll take a Corvette.
I thought he meant the SS/GT500 were close in performance, not price. They are close in performance, not at all in price haha.

I thought he meant the SS/GT500 were close in performance, not price. They are close in performance, not at all in price haha.
I was speaking of performance.

And by the way, you guys keep quoting the base price of the SS. The SS is $40k+ with options. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I was speaking of performance.
And by the way, you guys keep quoting the base price of the SS. The SS is $40k+ with options. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I'm well aware of the options adding up, but that's the case on all the cars being discussed. The only car that those options add performance is the Mustang GT. The base price gets you the performance we're discussing.

I'm well aware of the options adding up, but that's the case on all the cars being discussed. The only car that those options add performance is the Mustang GT. The base price gets you the performance we're discussing.
Dude, the Shelby GT 500 is a specialty vehicle, that's why it's so expensive. We're arguing about a specialty vehicle vs. a stock Chevrolet that can be purchased at any dealer. That's why there's such a big price swing between the two vehicles. The entire argument is front loaded.

Well i think a F430 can beat a shelby and the Z06 can beat a F430 on the track by a second.. that impressive in my eyes seeing as f430 are a ridiculous sum of money....

I think Ford wins period. They were the first US automaker, they didnt take bail out money, they have pretty much the longest running sports car model ( the corvette has been around longer but wasnt a performance vehcile until around the same time, the camaro was discontinued for a bit ), They have pioneered something that every auto maker now uses.

I wonder how the new taurus would do against a camaro.

Dude, the Shelby GT 500 is a specialty vehicle, that's why it's so expensive. We're arguing about a specialty vehicle vs. a stock Chevrolet that can be purchased at any dealer. That's why there's such a big price swing between the two vehicles. The entire argument is front loaded.
So Ford has to make a specialty vehicle to keep up with Chevrolet? Then Ford > Chevy how?

I think Ford wins period. They were the first US automaker, they didnt take bail out money, they have pretty much the longest running sports car model ( the corvette has been around longer but wasnt a performance vehcile until around the same time, the camaro was discontinued for a bit ), They have pioneered something that every auto maker now uses.
I wonder how the new taurus would do against a camaro.
Nothing above had anything to do with the Camaro SS vs. Shelby Mustang argument.

So Ford has to make a specialty vehicle to keep up with Chevrolet? Then Ford > Chevy how?
What makes you think they're trying to keep up with Chevrolet, bro? Do you honestly believe that Ford isn't capable of building a "fast" car? Really? It's obvious that Ford's marketing strategy isn't based on high performance vehicles, but the GT alone proves they're capable of building high end vehicles when they want to.

Besides, Shelby isn't Ford. It's a stand alone company that does specialty work on a certain Ford vehicle. It's the same principal as a Lingenfelter Vette or Camaro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I just found this info too.

In the same Popular Mechanics issue, they hit the 1/4 mile strip in a v6 & v8 2011 Mustang.

V6 model = 13.91 seconds @ 102.05 mph

V8 model = 13.03 seconds @ 109.91 mph

That's not too shabby for stock Mustangs imho...

What makes you think they're trying to keep up with Chevrolet, bro? Do you honestly believe that Ford isn't capable of building a "fast" car? Really? It's obvious that Ford's marketing strategy isn't based on high performance vehicles, but the GT alone proves they're capable of building high end vehicles when they want to.
Besides, Shelby isn't Ford. It's a stand alone company that does specialty work on a certain Ford vehicle. It's the same principal as a Lingenfelter Vette or Camaro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Where there is one company with a vehicle, there is another company trying to compete with it...

Why are we comparing a Shelby to a plain GM Car?

Step up, compare the shelby to ANY Lingenfelter model.

All you oval fanboys are oblivious to the fact that you "THINK" you got the best/fastest ride out there. Sure, out the box your toy might have won once or twice. Drop a cam, full intake, full exhaust, and fuel system, on both the GM and Ford... the oval will topple and fall on its face. I've done it, I've seen it, I've built it, I've raced it, I've lost it, and I've bet on it.

Whats sad...that vid with the stang and camaro....I wouldnt let that waste drive my camaro, he's got the reaction time of a drunk out the pub at 7 am. He's garbage.

And BTW...The camaro is 20x sexier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.