Undo soldered wires

Guyver
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
If speaker wires to the radio is soldered and wanting to put in a new stereo, can I cut in between the soldered joints or make a new cut? Soldered makes it look neat and clean but isn't harder to work around it compare to wire crimps?

I personally have always liked heat shrink and soldering if you have the tools and patience for it.
It's NOT rocket surgery!

Just remember, PUT THE HEAT SHRINK TUBING ON THE WIRE before soldering it! ;-) Been there, made THAT mistake!

John Kuthe..

If speaker wires to the radio is soldered and wanting to put in a new stereo, can I cut in between the soldered joints or make a new cut? Soldered makes it look neat and clean but isn't harder to work around it compare to wire crimps?
Just cut off the pieces of wire with solder on them and then make your new connections. If you do crimp use crimp caps or butt connectors and make sure to do a proper crimp. Solder is the best possible connection but crimp connections are acceptable on a radio harness. The biggest issue with crimped connections is improperly crimped connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.