Unboxing and Amp Dyno Video of the MB Quart ZA2-1500.5 Amplifier...

Stop talking about the gym while I’m still healing from this back surgery!
Tell me about it, I was just starting to get over my tricep surgery and now I have to go get my shoulder checked out. I would love to be throwing around the weights I did pre-surgery...

[quote name='Jeffdachef']massive nano 5 channel and hifonics brx 5000.5 both have bloated numbers too. both are Garbage just like the mb quart.[/QUOTE]

You mean NX5?! I owned one thought it wasn't bad but it's sister amp, NX3 is a complete joke.

Have my eye on a new 5 ch amp. This time a good one. One I think @bigblank69 would be rreeaalllyyyy interested in testing.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']You mean NX5?! I owned one thought it wasn't bad but it's sister amp, NX3 is a complete joke.

Have my eye on a new 5 ch amp. This time a good one. One I think @bigblank69 would be rreeaalllyyyy interested in testing.[/QUOTE]

Which one would that be?

MB Quart actually shares the "flagship line" status of brands under the Maxxsonics Corporate banner with Hifonics. Their other brands include Autotek and Crunch. All of these brands were at one time very well thought of and helped build car audio into a legitimate market. Unfortunately, they are all now just names to attract unsuspecting consumers. Epsilon and MD Audio are using much the same marketing plan.
It's weird it may be the "Flag Ship" but I don't see anything in their line that is treated that way.... They have never had the equivalent of a BRZ2400 or an Olympus line of amps...

To me, it's almost funny Autotek, Crunch, Hifonics and GS Designs all used to be under the API Banner... Once Maxxsonics took them over they completely gutted Autotek made Crunch a Pyramid contender and made Hifonics so hit and miss its hard to recommend them even if they come out with a winner one time....

Also I wouldn't compare MD Audio to Maxxsonics... MD Has actually done a nice job with Orion since they took them over from DEI, it's weird though it says on their site they are affiliated with Lanzar and Pyramid... But when you check out their site it looks like its only the Lanzar Pro line which isn't sold in the US and doesn't look bad. Plus... You have to check out the models they use on their FB page.... HOLY COW they are some of the hottest women I have seen. That adds 300 Watts right there lol

I'm confused about the 4 channel power it did but wow only 444w at 1 ohm certified? Garbage!
It did 4x67 I clipped to 71. All the channels had resistors attached but I only measured one channel at a time. To get a 2 ohm number i bridged two channels to 4 ohm (easier on my setup time), and was able to get 2x225 or roughly 4x112 @ 2 ohms.

It's weird it may be the "Flag Ship" but I don't see anything in their line that is treated that way.... They have never had the equivalent of a BRZ2400 or an Olympus line of amps...
To me, it's almost funny Autotek, Crunch, Hifonics and GS Designs all used to be under the API Banner... Once Maxxsonics took them over they completely gutted Autotek made Crunch a Pyramid contender and made Hifonics so hit and miss its hard to recommend them even if they come out with a winner one time....

Also I wouldn't compare MD Audio to Maxxsonics... MD Has actually done a nice job with Orion since they took them over from DEI, it's weird though it says on their site they are affiliated with Lanzar and Pyramid... But when you check out their site it looks like its only the Lanzar Pro line which isn't sold in the US and doesn't look bad. Plus... You have to check out the models they use on their FB page.... HOLY COW they are some of the hottest women I have seen. That adds 300 Watts right there lol
i've always thought alot of AB amps and some subs look alot like lanzar stuff.. ***** i had hifonics atlantis 2 channel running 3 10's at 1.66 ohm about 20 yrs ago ran hot but never shut down now they crap..

Memphis Big Belle?
Nah, that's dam good guess tho! I did want older model but that would be very difficult to find. Plus after doing some research on the amp, found that the claimed 1100 watt sub ch came up very short of it.

Nah, that's dam good guess tho! I did want older model but that would be very difficult to find. Plus after doing some research on the amp, found that the claimed 1100 watt sub ch came up very short of it.
PG Elite.5?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.