Ultralight / Lightweight MDF - So. CAL

^^ Um..no. What you're looking for is talled TruPan. You won't get it regularly at lowes or the like. You'll have to go to a lumberyard.

^^ Um..no. What you're looking for is talled TruPan. You won't get it regularly at lowes or the like. You'll have to go to a lumberyard.
Correct. There is acutally Trupan Light and Trupan Untralight. The light is what I use, and what we sell where I work. Overall its 80% of the weight of Regular MDF. Ultralight is, I believe, 60% of the weight. Expect to pay a little more. Actually a lot more. I hear people buying MDF from HD and Lowes here for like $15. I believe we sell TP Light for like $35 a sheet. Good think I get a little discount. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Its called HDF , High density Fiberboard. We use it at our shop, we order it from a lumber yard. We order by the pallet and our cost is $26 a sheet. So if your buying by the single sheet I would think it would be around 30-35 a sheet.

Thanks for the replies. Price difference between MDF and Truban is a lot cheaper than upgrading my rear suspension //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Its called HDF , High density Fiberboard. We use it at our shop, we order it from a lumber yard. We order by the pallet and our cost is $26 a sheet. So if your buying by the single sheet I would think it would be around 30-35 a sheet.
...HDF isn't lightweight MDF...But you can still use it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Four by eight biiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch. They just lowered the price too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i never knew such a thing existed... great info i would call for a sticky but ummm its not much info just highly valuable info... any more info on this stuff? its flex points? hardness etc... ? ease of use commpaired to mdf? durability ? etc...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.