Type X 12s compared to HDC3 10s

mark871214
10+ year member

texas
How would two HDC3 10's sound on 3k watts compared to my old Type X 12's on 2k watts(stock electrical in my old cavalier so prolly was barely pushing 1500 watts) I just want to get an idea of how loud this setup will be once i get everything. Its sad to say but My X's were probably the loudest system around here when i had them. But im stuck with 10s now in my new car.

install dependent. 1500 on stocc electrical.... maybe 3k isnt gonna happen. upgrade alt sperate battery big 3 custom box built to specs. there is alot that needs to be done. pm if u need help along tha way

install dependent. 1500 on stocc electrical.... maybe 3k isnt gonna happen. upgrade alt sperate battery big 3 custom box built to specs. there is alot that needs to be done. pm if u need help along tha way
No I meant that i had a 2k watt amp pushing my type X's, but it was on stock electrical so i prolly was only getting around 1500 watts. That was my old setup. I already plan on getting a 200a alt and two batts in the back for my new car.

send a message to "jbgabriel" he has some experience with the hdc3 10's and really seemed to be impressed with them

Loudness is going to depend far more on the box you use rather than the power you are running.
Im gonna have the HDC3 10's in a 2.5-3 cuft box tuned 38hz. Hopefully 3 cuft if my trunk can fit it. I had my Type X 12s in around 2.6 cuft box tuned to 32hz so the box was really small for them.

stick with the type-x's, and if your not happy get the AQ's. but if you plan on upgrading the alt and electrical, i'd say stick with the alpine and 2k watt combo, should not go wrong with that.

stick with the type-x's, and if your not happy get the AQ's. but if you plan on upgrading the alt and electrical, i'd say stick with the alpine and 2k watt combo, should not go wrong with that.
My type X's was my old system in my older car. I can't fit 12's in my new car so this is what i had in mind.

and i went from the type x's to DD 1508s on 1k watts. Now i want to be as loud as i was with the type X's, and im hopeing these HDC3 10s will do the trick. I know if i could fit HDC3 12's it wouldnt be a problem getting as loud or louder. But since im gonna have to do 10s, im worried that they wont be.

I'd do the HDC10"s personally.
X2 AQ subs are loud. I have had alot of experience with AQ subs and they are very nice. I know a guy a guy that does 150s out of a trunk with 2 older HD310s with 5kwrms. The HDC series is pretty much the same. With 1500 a peice you will blow the type X out of the water. Just my $.02

X2 AQ subs are loud. I have had alot of experience with AQ subs and they are very nice. I know a guy a guy that does 150s out of a trunk with 2 older HD310s with 5kwrms. The HDC series is pretty much the same. With 1500 a peice you will blow the type X out of the water. Just my $.02
were you sayin that it would blow just one type x out of the watter or two type x's?? Sorry to keep asking questions. I just wanna make sure so i dont over excite myself.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.