Type-R's in a shared chamber?

DylanBeatz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Wisconsin
On a different forum someone told me that Alpine Type-R's don't sound good in a shared chamber box and that I should make my box 2 seperate chambers. Is this true at all?? I don't see why it would be. It makes no sense. But if it's true, i need to know.

I would make two boxes for that mustang. Ive done 2 12's in a mustang and two boxes worked out better than one, two that screw together once in the car. And type rs love big boxes. at least 2.25 each NET

I think i did something like two 15x10xtrunk width boxes that drop in first one slides back then drop the second one in and screw them together on the inside with a lip around the edge.

I would make two boxes for that mustang. Ive done 2 12's in a mustang and two boxes worked out better than one, two that screw together once in the car. And type rs love big boxes. at least 2.25 each NET
I don't think that it is physically possible to get a box in there with more airspace than the one i'm gonna build.

boxdesign8.jpg

And hey I see you're from madison. I'm from Sun Prairie

I personally like a separate chamber box because it also adds a bit more bracing than a shared space box. For what it's worth.
true, but with the port in the middle like i'm gonna do, it braces it pretty good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.