Type R or Type S subs?

?, I haven't seen them in Best Buy, Not everyone can or wants to spend a ton of money on a system. Alpines get loud and low for what they are. This site has been crap anymore, People ask for help or an opinion and all they get is put down. If you don't have something to say worth anything don't reply.

Can you explain a bit more your train of thought in the comparison between the type R and type S? I feel like you've got some things confused concerning what you should be pushing to your subs...The peak wattage rating is nothing more than an advertising ploy.
hmm...OP has a 1000w rms amp.. The 2012 model Type S is a very nice sub and does good work on it's recommended RMS wattage - 500 watts RMS. The Type R is rated for 1000 watts RMS....why spend the 150% more money for 2 1000w subs and run them with only 1/2 their rated power? Would the Type S be my first choice for a quality sub to run on 500w rms?..No....but it would be the obvious choice for the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but the r's would leave room to grow when he want's to buy a new amp down the road. Like everyone on here never happy and want more, LOl

definately the new type R. i have 2 10inch Type R's (swr-10d4) and i couldnt be happier, these subs are so crisp and clean sounding and gets LOUDDD as hell. not to mention how good they look also

and btw, i got my subs for $140 each from onlinecarstereo

?, I haven't seen them in Best Buy, Not everyone can or wants to spend a ton of money on a system. Alpines get loud and low for what they are. This site has been crap anymore, People ask for help or an opinion and all they get is put down. If you don't have something to say worth anything don't reply.
Alpines are decent subs. I have no problem with either one. There wasn't an insult in my previous post. Just seemed like with the MRP 1000.1 and the choice of subs he seemed to be limiting himself. That's all. Make the OP think a little harder. There's a whole online world of sub woofers, amps and speakers he could be looking at. You know as well as I do to start a thread on this particular site with a Type S vs. Type R question that the OP is going to get less than straight answers. And maybe he should...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.