type r older v newer model

so it would be smarter to spend more $$ and get the new one? cuz i found 2 old type r 10's ina box for 150.............

if you dont mind minor cosmetic blemishes i suggest you visit auction-tree closeouts on ebay...

I got 3 2006 r's for exactly $100...1 had a little rip in the surround, 1had some surface scrapes, 1 had a hole the size of a gumball...I fixed all of them with very little work...

i now push 1800 rms to all of em...3 months later there still goin strong:veryhapp:

I would say the older models are much more SQ oriented. They sounded amazing sealed and pretty **** good sealed. They dont have the output of the current series but if you really want R's and SQ, then I'd say get the older ones...I run 2 12"s of the older series and have had them sealed and ported and have heard a single 12" newer one ported...the newer one was much louder (but it was also in a hatch as opposed to my trunk) but it just didnt come close SQ-wise to mine, at all....

I would say the older models are much more SQ oriented. They sounded amazing sealed and pretty **** good sealed. They dont have the output of the current series but if you really want R's and SQ, then I'd say get the older ones...I run 2 12"s of the older series and have had them sealed and ported and have heard a single 12" newer one ported...the newer one was much louder (but it was also in a hatch as opposed to my trunk) but it just didnt come close SQ-wise to mine, at all....
a single louder than your 2 sub setup? thats good to hear...

if you dont mind minor cosmetic blemishes i suggest you visit auction-tree closeouts on ebay...
I got 3 2006 r's for exactly $100...1 had a little rip in the surround, 1had some surface scrapes, 1 had a hole the size of a gumball...I fixed all of them with very little work...

i now push 1800 rms to all of em...3 months later there still goin strong:veryhapp:

hmm that's a nice ass bargain. is that price shipped?

a single louder than your 2 sub setup? thats good to hear...

hmm that's a nice ass bargain. is that price shipped?
I tried to note that alittle in my post...its a prime example of install dependancy. His single 2005 12" was in 2.25ft^3 @32hz in the back of a 300zx...so the **** thing was 6" behind you...My 2 2004 12"s were in the trunk of my Acura sedan...

could you give me a link, i searched for the stores and it didn't come up:crap:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.