Type-R Dustcap shattered, what now?

alpine does not sell 'parts' you can call them and ask real nicely if you can send the stuff back in and have them fix it. sometimes they say yes, sometimes they say no. i have no idea why. alpine subs with after market cone kits and dustcaps are not terrribly uncomon and still hold most of their value when sold. the original dustcaps break all the time and there are always broken alpines for sell on ebay.

also i can get blank dustcaps for half of what most places sell them for. im getting ready to buy another bulk pack too. i need to find the best way to mail them cheeply, i hate charging 3$ to mail a 2$ item.

Hey..I know this thread is super old from 2013 LOL. I just came across it and then same thing happened to me, my Alpine type r swr-1242d dustcap shattered :( I refuse to pay the $70.00 for a custom recone kit so wondering if you can still get your hands on some?? PSI isn't feeling any new others atm that's what their website says. Whatever the shipping costs I'll pay it and for the cap..trying to find one quick. maybe get a couple from you, if you still can, just since they are hard to find right now. Howe to hear back from you!!

Hey..I know this thread is super old from 2013 LOL. I just came across it and then same thing happened to me, my Alpine type r swr-1242d dustcap shattered :( I refuse to pay the $70.00 for a custom recone kit so wondering if you can still get your hands on some?? PSI isn't feeling any new others atm that's what their website says. Whatever the shipping costs I'll pay it and for the cap..trying to find one quick. maybe get a couple from you, if you still can, just since they are hard to find right now. Howe to hear back from you!!
***PSI Audio isn't taking any new orders for a minute****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.