Two Rockford T1D410's or Single Rockford T2D212

onemoreday21
10+ year member

Florida
Right now I have my entire system lined up except for my sub choice. I've narrowed it down to either two Rockford T1D410's or one Rockford T2D212 in a sealed enclosure. I've always been a sealed enclosure guy due to my preference to rock and country music. Both have a rated RMS handling of 1200 which will be run at 1 Ohm to an Audioque 1200.1 amp which I already have. I'm more looking for a good SQL setup (i.e. good bass response and sq as well as having decent output) and already have everything ironed out except for this detail. Seeing as both equal out to the same power handling and roughly the same cost the decision comes down to what would sound better. I am looking for opinions from people that personally own these speakers and others who have heard them. I live in an area that doesn't have very many audio shops that I can go to and listen to these, so I turn to the internet. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Mainly personal experience with the company, however never in their power line of drivers. This is my first build that I've had the money to dive into utilizing drivers in this price range and have spent the past month narrowing down with what I want. Mainly seeing user reviews concerning these subs sounding decent and also being decently loud. I looked at the the Alpine Type X but heard output was lacking, looked at some RE Audio drivers and almost decided on a single MX 12" or two 10" SEX drivers but honestly appearance of the Rockfords looked better. Also thought about something in the JL lineup but honestly didn't feel like paying outrageous prices for a name brand. I mean if there are some different opinions on better choices all is welcome, however I would prefer not drive myself back into the realm of trying to narrow down 20 different selections again, but I want the best sound possible so any suggestions are welcome.

Well you will be paying for the name somewhat with rockford too.

People will most likely tell you that you can get better for your money.. $400 for one sub is no small budget, and there is a lot of really good "non name brand" stuff out there. doesn't mean this sub is bad, I have no idea, but maybe a bit overpriced.

I see where your comin from on that, not nearly as bad as JL from what I have seen but obviously paying for a name. So let me rephrase this question now that I'm completely questioning my choices. Given the set parameters I have, wanna go sealed, wanna do 2 10's or 1 12", want decent output, run off of 1200 RMS. I have heard nothing but great things about Fi Audio's Q line of woofers and was looking at a single 12" model, however in dealing with woofers designed primarily for SQ setups, I have found they are usually lacking in the output that I like. SO any and all options are open, so please anything would help!

look into TC sounds. they sound amazing even in a ported box if its designed right. they are often used in HT setups due to there low fs and ability to reach a flat response curve

dont get rockford subs man.
fi

aq

tc sounds

sundown

etc WAY better for the cash.

youre paying for the space age plastic molding on the RF
THIS MAN AINT LYIN!!! Do some research here on subs and see what you come up with! I promise you that you can be extremely happier getting one of the above said subs over the RF //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Ok responding to the idea for 1 IDMAX in a sealed enclosure, just because in my month long research of lots of online time, this sub has come up numerous times. My concern with this choice, and the reason I ruled it out was output, I love tight punchy bass for rock, but however I like the tight punchy bass from a kick drum to feel like a donkey kicking the seat. Obviously only hearsay from forums, but from what I've read a single IDMAX lacks in the output department. If I am wrong please correct me because that would make my decision a hell of a lot easier. I just didn't want to need two speakers which would need roughly 2000 RMS to run efficiently which would force me to upgrade my monoblock also.

Ok responding to the idea for 1 IDMAX in a sealed enclosure, just because in my month long research of lots of online time, this sub has come up numerous times. My concern with this choice, and the reason I ruled it out was output, I love tight punchy bass for rock, but however I like the tight punchy bass from a kick drum to feel like a donkey kicking the seat. Obviously only hearsay from forums, but from what I've read a single IDMAX lacks in the output department. If I am wrong please correct me because that would make my decision a hell of a lot easier. I just didn't want to need two speakers which would need roughly 2000 RMS to run efficiently which would force me to upgrade my monoblock also.

Funny thing is I ran two IDMAX 12's in 1.5cuft sealed each, with 2400w to the pair. Its still by far the best setup Ive ran so far. Ive never read anywhere the IDmax doesnt have good output. Keep in mind people on this site are generally only concerned about being loud, as in SPL. SPL type subs will get louder because they can take more power, but the trade-off is they wont perform well with music. Your amp is the perfect match to an IDmax.The IDmax is IMO one of the best subs Ive ever heard, it can still get louder than most, but still sound amazing at the same time, plus you can use it sealed, ported, or IB.

Trust me, you WILL NOT have issues with the output of an IDMAX unless you are a serious SLP competitor...

EDIT: One important thing I forgot to add was that the tight punchy bass you speak of should be from your front stage and not from the subs...

Well thanks for the help it seems I never properly put enough time into researching the IDMAX driver seeing as how I started looking again and turns out nothing bad has been said about it. However I do disagree with the "tight punchy bass" coming from my front stage seeing as how my mids and highs are high passed at 80 Hz. Any kick drum beats below that goes to the woofers alone so makes it difficult for that to be the source of my tight punchy bass. Thats the whole reason behind why I dig sealed enclosures, I've had people tell me ported enclosures can sound like that, but have yet to hear one first hand that compares.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.