Two Kicker comp's on crutchfield

They are 12s. And I honestly think an R is much louder than two 12" comps. The Type R can take double the wattage of what the 2 comps can, which more than makes up for the cone area difference.
my bad, they rose the price of them to sell them then, i saw 129.99 and thought it was 15s

12s are like 89 or 99

i retract my statement, my impatient self reads to fast and skips the details

yea for 129 you could do better than 2 12" comps

edit: ike has RE SE 12s for 110$ea, prolly wouldnt be as loud as a argh, but it would sound better

or if u wanted to run 2 12's still instead of one, get 2 phoenix gold rsd's, i think they are like 80 a piece, so it will cost a lil more but ud have 2 12's

To the OP...go with a used Fi SSD. You can find them for pretty cheap on the forum and sound great off of only 600 watts. My friend IMO did it right with his first system by going with a 15" SSD w/ no BP and a Cadence TXA-750D (600rms). I had type R's...wasn't very impressed. Got loud none the less, but if I ever decided to downgrade to something very basic, the SSD is where I'm going.

If you don't have an amp yet... Find a refurbed kicker zx750.1 on ebay for $200-225 shipped. Get your self a Dual 2 ohm CVR on ebay. Then you can always add a second CVR down the road on the same amp. I CVR ported will be plenty loud enough for a first system, plus you can always add a second. You will not find a better amp with a warranty for the money.

go to dealercostcaraudio.com buy your stuff from there. i got a diamond audio d315d4 for 99$ pluss theres free shipping and if theres a circuit city around you thats closing go buy a kicker zx750.1 amp for 200$ brand new they have 60% off

I made up my mind and im buying the comp's. I know i may not be the best deal, i just really like the warrnty and crutchfield. Thanks for all the help and advice.

I've got two more questions though-

1. I went to my local audio shop and the guy say's for the two comp's i only need a 300 watt amp, and 300 watts will go to both? That seems werid to me..if he is right could somebody explain this?

2. I also asked the guy how much a ported box for the two comp's would be and he said around $250, yet i see ported box's on ebay from 75 to 100 bucks. Is there anywhere i could get a good box, ported..way cheaper then $250? Because i just dont have that much to spend..

Thanks again.

I made up my mind and im buying the comp's. I know i may not be the best deal, i just really like the warrnty and crutchfield. Thanks for all the help and advice. I've got two more questions though-

1. I went to my local audio shop and the guy say's for the two comp's i only need a 300 watt amp, and 300 watts will go to both? That seems werid to me..if he is right could somebody explain this?

2. I also asked the guy how much a ported box for the two comp's would be and he said around $250, yet i see ported box's on ebay from 75 to 100 bucks. Is there anywhere i could get a good box, ported..way cheaper then $250? Because i just dont have that much to spend..

Thanks again.
LMAO! sig!! do not take your equipment to that dude to install

LMAO! sig!! do not take your equipment to that dude to install
Wow, glad i could help you out with that sig. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif haha.

Yeah.. i dont know much thats why im here trying to get some help..any help with my qustions will be helpful.

I made up my mind and im buying the comp's. I know i may not be the best deal, i just really like the warrnty and crutchfield. Thanks for all the help and advice. I've got two more questions though-

Thanks again.
1. I believe the subs are only 150 watts rms each, so technically he is correct. I would buy a larger amp though so you'll have room to upgrade when you decide to. If the subs are in fact single 4 ohm you need an amp that does it's power at 2ohms. I would do as someone else suggested and find a Kicker 750.1. You could also get a brand new Eclipse XA1000 on ebay which is rated at 480 watts for ~$80 shipped.

2. I would just borrow a circular saw, jig saw and a drill and build my own box if i were you. Prefabs like the one you linked are usually tuned way too high and poorly built but for $60 you could give it a try.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.