Two Kicker comp's on crutchfield

i have heard both subs and 2 12 inch comps sound weak, and the guy who had them was giving each of them 300 watts each which is double the recommended power. 1 cvx 12 in a ported box slams, they take 1000 watts easy

Well im really on a budget, trying not to spend over $350 or i'll have to wait a while till i get some more cash. If i get the CVX, i'll have to get a bigger amp, costing more money. So will two comp's hit decently loud? Just wanting it to sound good in the liberty. My friends got the same thing running on a crapy sony amp, and it's loud enough for me.

Well im really on a budget, trying not to spend over $350 or i'll have to wait a while till i get some more cash. If i get the CVX, i'll have to get a bigger amp, costing more money. So will two comp's hit decently loud? Just wanting it to sound good in the liberty. My friends got the same thing running on a crapy sony amp, and it's loud enough for me.
well.. what amp do u have so someone can recommend something for ya?

if its your FIRST system i personally think the comps would do just fine.Put them in the right box and i'm sure you would be pleased.you could definitely do better for the money but you really couldn't deal with a better retailer than crutchfield and if you didn't like the comps i'm sure they even have some sort of satisfaction guarantee that would allow you to return them.hell my first system was a pair of jensen 12's off of a kraco amp and man I thought it was awesome.Your first setup would definitely be an upgrade from that.We all have to start somewhere and i think the comps would do fine for your first setup.

well.. what amp do u have so someone can recommend something for ya?
I dont have one.. i was saying if i got a CVX i would have to get a bigger one than i would for the comps.

Yeah, i think i'll be happy. Dont wana spend to much, i think it's a good start.

my first amp - http://www.ikesound.com/profile_california_ap1200
my first sub - http://www.ikesound.com/alpine_swr_1222d

my first box - ported 2.3cuft at 32 hz

Total Price - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - $240

Im sry im so against the comps but then dont do ur money justice, with the above setup, u will be more than happy, its only $240 but it is much better
thats a nice setup, but if you think its gonna out do 2 15" kicker comps your smoking crack

i deal with comps alot, we sell those 15s for 130 apiece, crutch happens to have them buy one get one free for 130, 65$ apiece, full warranty and everything

for a first system that warranty is a nice piece to have on there

thats a nice setup, but if you think its gonna out do 2 15" kicker comps your smoking crack
i deal with comps alot, we sell those 15s for 130 apiece, crutch happens to have them buy one get one free for 130, 65$ apiece, full warranty and everything

for a first system that warranty is a nice piece to have on there
They are 12s. And I honestly think an R is much louder than two 12" comps. The Type R can take double the wattage of what the 2 comps can, which more than makes up for the cone area difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.