Two Kicker comp's on crutchfield

Oh, so the box's on online from stores like crutchfield are tuned to high? I guess im going to call that guy.. if the box is in good shape i'll probably buy it. I just did'nt know if it has the right amount of air in it for the speakers or whatever? Haha im really new to all this.

1. I believe the subs are only 150 watts rms each, so technically he is correct. I would buy a larger amp though so you'll have room to upgrade when you decide to. If the subs are in fact single 4 ohm you need an amp that does it's power at 2ohms. I would do as someone else suggested and find a Kicker 750.1. You could also get a brand new Eclipse XA1000 on ebay which is rated at 480 watts for ~$80 shipped.
2. I would just borrow a circular saw, jig saw and a drill and build my own box if i were you. Prefabs like the one you linked are usually tuned way too high and poorly built but for $60 you could give it a try.
well you would get 150 rms a piece. so technically all you need is a 300 watt amp.. but your not going to get 300 watt a piece to each speaker. think of division! whatever amp you get (300 rms) divide that by 2 of course. that would equal 150 rms a piece to each spaker. I would recommend however, getting some type r's or something that is just a bit more than what you are trying to pay for the kicker cvr's... but much better

if you do buy a pre fab box..get the dimensions and post it on these forums. we'll help to see what it is tuned too. I know the pre fab box I bought was tuned to 36 hz. not bad for a pre fab box... (still need that custom box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well i could make my own custom..how hard is it generally? Also where would i find the specs to tune/bulid it to my comp's so it sounds right? Im wanting to get a ported box.. i listen to mostly rap, so it should be a lot louder.

Well im really on a budget, trying not to spend over $350 or i'll have to wait a while till i get some more cash. If i get the CVX, i'll have to get a bigger amp, costing more money. So will two comp's hit decently loud? Just wanting it to sound good in the liberty. My friends got the same thing running on a crapy sony amp, and it's loud enough for me.
I am with the guy about the 1 cvx being as loud and sounding better than two comps. I did 138.4 in a focus trunk in a smallish 1.5cft sealed box off a AutotekSS 750.1 amp and it was a nice setup.

Thats the route I would go.

You could find a decent 750-1000rms amp and then hit up that add that was posted about the CVX and you would be around your budget.

But it is hard to beat the CS from Crutchfield.

Ohh, i already bought the comp's last thrusday, they should be here Wednesday.

I have yet another question haha, that being said i know prefabed boxs are not that great but i dont really want or know how to make one. So would this be alright for the two comp's i bought? - http://cgi.ebay.com/DUAL-VENTED-12-PORTED-AUDIO-SUBWOOFER-SUB-SPEAKER-BOX_W0QQitemZ270346886859QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item270346886859&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.