Two DVC and one SVC

Participant count
  • Participant list

ICLIMBHIGH

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have three 10-in 4 ohm subwoofers. Normally that's what I run in my truck. However this time it's a little different. Two of the subs are dual voice coil one of them is single voice coil. Can I hook up the two dual voice coil subs in series / parallel equaling a 4 ohm nominal impedance to one channel of my 1 ohm stable mono amp and then hook the single voice coil sub directly to the other channel also equaling a 4 ohm nominal impedance? Normally I have three subs all the same and I wire them in parallel equaling a one ohm load. But I can't do that this time. I just want all three hooked up so will that work?

Can I hook up the two dual voice coil subs in series / parallel equaling a 4 ohm nominal impedance to one channel of my 1 ohm stable mono amp and then hook the single voice coil sub directly to the other channel also equaling a 4 ohm nominal impedance?
No. The coils will be wound different and will perform different. Mix-matching subs is rarely good and under no circumstance should you mix and match subs powered by the same amplifier and/or sharing airspace in a box.

I would not recommend it if all subs are sharing the same chamber. I myself wouldnt do it at all. I would recommend get or having a tuned enclosure for the matching subs , or purchase a matching 3rd sub if all in same chamber now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...